What is your current phone?

Jimbo said:
Keep in mind, a 4G smart phone (Sprint) will cost you an addl. $ 10 p/m because of the ability of it to get 4G.

That's why it might be worth getting grandfathered in (so to speak since there's no 4G pricing structure yet) with 4G before ATT goes that route.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Samsung Captivate on AT&T for now, going back to the iPhone when the 5 comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

JAG72 said:
Remember right now they do not have any special 4G plan. You are either limited or unlimited. The plans are for all phones. Only phone that is special is the iPhone 2G version as it only has a $20 unlimited data plan.

I was told by AT&T that the unlimited data plan is not offered anymore,

Today is the first day of your life.

WitchOneSalem said:

ATT hasn't offered an unlimited plan since last summer. Individuals who had it at the time were grandfathered in. I assumed that it would not extend to 4G service and that a switch to tiered data would be inevitable. However, it's been reported that the grandfathered unlimited data plans have been carried over to 4G phones.

This surprises me and I don't expect this to be the case once ATT rolls out extensive 4G LTE coverage.

It is not officially offered anymore but there is a huge loophole for those that are on the limited plans. When I cam back from sprint in August, unlimited was not offered anymore. I was stuck with the 2gb plan until last weekend.

This surprises me and I don't expect this to be the case once ATT rolls out extensive 4G LTE coverage.

There is no reason to believe that the will change when LTE is rolled out. Currently isn't Sprint the only provider that started to charge more for 4G service.

That's why it might be worth getting grandfathered in (so to speak since there's no 4G pricing structure yet) with 4G before ATT goes that route.

It may or may not make a difference, with Sprint, when the 4G phones came out they added this fee, and told you up front of course, a 4G cost the extra fee, then several months later, they have added the fee to ALL Smart Phones from what I recall.

HTC Thunderbolt on Unlimited data. Have 4G here at work, but not where I live.

AT&T Nexus One with CM 7.0.2. I'm still on my grandfathered unlimited data plan. The extra $5/month gives me peace of mind that I will NEVER be charged an overage fee, which was good because the last two months I was hitting the 2GB "limit" due to my Sirius Radio being down in the car and constantly using the app to stream. I plan on jumping once a good hackable 4G phone comes out. So far the current batch of phones still have too many battery issues for my blood. Once we get the 2nd and 3rd generation 4G/LTE handsets I think I may reconsider my options.

Htc evo 4g running cm 7.0.2.

Still runs very fast, but I have to say I'm very much caught up in dual core mania and probably will purchase something different this summer.

Swyped on my Nook color using Tapatalk Pro

Had the iPhone 4 and went to the Atrix. However got annoyed with the crippled data waiting for "4G" patch to release. So I went back to iPhone 4. Moved to AT&T in March and after 5 days had a nice call with CS to get unlimited data.

My wife has the BB Torch.

Had the iPhone 4 and went to the Atrix. However got annoyed with the crippled data waiting for "4G" patch to release. So I went back to iPhone 4. Moved to AT&T in March and after 5 days had a nice call with CS to get unlimited data.

My wife has the BB Torch.

You should have looked at the Inspire. I prefer it much more than the Atrix. The Inspire also has work arounds for the crippled data on the 4G phones.

You should have looked at the Inspire. I prefer it much more than the Atrix. The Inspire also has work arounds for the crippled data on the 4G phones.

I really considered the Inspire. The battery life is a deal breaker for me. HTC design to put battery in that ways makes up dating to a extend battery life a problem. I run exchange and when out in the field for work I will kill the battery in a few hours.

I already at ready and planned to Root and Rom the Inspire like all other Android devices that I have had.