What is your favorite thing about Dish Network?

HanoverPretzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
What's the one thing about Dish Network that you like best that you don't feel the competition can quite match?

For me the "extra" things. AAD, Superstations, EuroNews. Also very happy with the Platinum/BB package. Have to add the EHD works very well for us.

Ohhh and two big ones!!! Even though it may rain hard...and the dish may go out...it always comes back on within 1-3 min. When I had cable...id deal with hours....even days of outtage.

Had att uverse for the last three years. Back with dish now. Before att...id been with dish for about 7 years. Att froze up...would go frame by frame for days. Technicians would come out...none knew what was goin on...but would always blame the lastguy there. Thats been a bi monthly thing for almost three years. Being at there mercy, via there services going down powerlines..its nice to not lose dish due to somebody hitting a telephone pole...or thiefs stealimg there copper wire. Had that happen with att...took three days for att to replace the copper wire.

Nothing...that's why I bailed on Dish years ago; they just couldn't compete with the Cable Triple Play nor the picture quality of FiOS TV. Having said this factoid, my mother in-law has a minimal programming package with free HD (auto pay) and is using one of my old VIP622 receivers. It's an affordable solution for her viewing habits (watches much of her programming via OTA antenna) coupled with the fact she only watching TV in one room (the multiple receiver fees are killer). I pretty much agree with Claude.

Any problems with your receiver ? The software is coming SSSSSSOOOONNNNN!!!!!!

That answer applies to just about anything you have questions for in regards to DISH.;)

VIP equipment.

Have owned or own a VIP522, VIP622, VIP222K VIP612, and VIP722K. And they are all outstanding pieces of equipment. I've had a couple die on me but only after long service and Dish got a replacement to me in no time at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts