What Kind of OTA Antenna comes with Dishnetwork

sfollenius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Okay, I live in Asheville NC, its kind of moutainess where I live and OTA will definately be an issue. I called Dishnetwork to order and they said that "we show you can recieve NBC ABC CBS and FOX OTA, and I dont qualify for the national feed of the one HD channel they offer. My first question is what kind of antenna do they install (they told me it would be $50). My second question is I dont know what they basing my channel availability on, but antennaweb it says if I dont have trees or building over 30 feet tall I can get:

ABC only GREEN 23.1 miles

If i select over 30 feet tall (i am on the side of a mountain)

ABC RED

where is fox, cbs, and NBC?

They are around in HD, but two are about 55 miles away in SC and I am not sure about picking them up.

I have an 8 bay wingard and I can only pick up 1 HD channel not listed on antennaweb which is UNCHD. I havent elevated my antenna above the trees though, it just sits in my hard.

Anyway, the main question is what kind of antenna comes with DN
And do they do full installation, (on the roof of my house)

sfollenius said:
I have an 8 bay wingard and I can only pick up 1 HD channel not listed on antennaweb which is UNCHD. I havent elevated my antenna above the trees though, it just sits in my hard.

Anyway, the main question is what kind of antenna comes with DN
And do they do full installation, (on the roof of my house)

okay question for you, you say you already recieve every channel listed on antennaweb is that including cbs, nbc, fox, and abc? am I reading that correctly, and if you arent having trouble now, why not mount that bad boy up, elevate it a little, and use that with your dishnetwork system, you dont have to buy and use dish networks off air anntena especially when you have a good one already! let us know about the follow up to my questions.

okay sorry I must have misread that, I cant say anything about the antenna that dish network will send as I donthave it, but I will tell you this, my antenna I had in the basement, and recieved notta, nothing, now I put it up in the attic, and I recieve all my channels at 80 percent, I just have a 60 dollar radio shack antenna that fits perfectly in my attic! elevation is the key, i Just dont know what kind of mountains you are fighting. but I hope someone else can chime in that has the dish network antenna and can help you out, as always fill us in as I am interested seeing what happens and what all you get! enjoy!

Dish does not advertise or supply any OTA antennas.
It's up to YOU, or possibly the retailer/installer. Check with local Dish retailers - they should know what type antenna works best in your area.

fred

Fredinva said:
Dish does not advertise or supply any OTA antennas.
It's up to YOU, or possibly the retailer/installer. Check with local Dish retailers - they should know what type antenna works best in your area.

fred

Okay thanks, but they told me they would supply one and include in installation for $50.00. This is not the case?

yes, i would like to know if they provide an antenna during installation? when i ask they say i dont need an antenna to get my local hd channels.. :rolleyes: i went back and forth with them and the cust service reps really dont know what they are talking about...i give up, and i think ill stick with comcast.

I DO NOT have Dish. Was considering moving to them from D* but decided against it. Anyway, I spoke with 3-4 different CSR's within the last week and each one indicated that I would have to supply my own antenna for OTA HD.

Are you speaking with DISH, or a DISH reseller? It's possible that is something the reseller offers where you are at, that a normal DISH install wouldn't include.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)