What kind of switch is required???

domando1069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Hi all
I am wiring a new house, this person has 4 bell recievers, and wants to add HD reciver. He wants his new home to have a total of 6 outlets. I have run 4 cables from the outside,2 for 91 & 2 for 82 plus a ground to the utility room, and from there I have run 6 cables to various rooms in the house. I know a sw-44 won't work as it only has 4 outputs, will a
EMP-Centauri 5x8 Powered Multi switch work with Bell
Thanks

nope as the EmpCentauri switches use 22k switching and Bell does not

What model numbers are the receivers? If they are newer (3100, 5200, 9200 etc) get a DishPro Twin LNB and 2 DP34 switches

The DP Twin would use 2 lines from the LNB (one for 91 and one to 82) to the DP34 switch. It has 4 outputs BUT you can cascade another DP34 onto that for 8 outputs

here is a Pic. Disregard the 3rd satellite slot.

Attachments

• dp34_02.jpg
    dp34_02.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 388
Icberg
Not sure if he wants to buy another dish, so could I use 2 SW-44 and cascade them??? 2x91 to input 1 & 2, 2x82 to input 3 & 4. Output 1 & 2 to recievers 1 & 2, output 3 & 4 to inputs 1 & 2 on second sw-44, and use the 4 outputs from ther to the remaining recievers???

Also I fogot to mention that I am not sure what recievers he has, I think they are 3100??? I will inquire

he wouldnt need a different dish. Just a new LNB and switches

you could do 2 SW44's but then you need to put high frequency splitters on all 4 ports on the LNB. You cant cascade them

If they are 3100's I would highly recommend going dish pro. Much easier to deal with :)

DP34 is your solution!

Take Iceberg's word ofr it. He's right on the spot!

"The DP Twin would use 2 lines from the LNB (one for 91 and one to 82) to the DP34 switch. It has 4 outputs BUT you can cascade another DP34 onto that for 8 outputs" quote & quote
:eureka

Icberg
Can you get dp lnb's in ontario canada??? also with regular bell set up and switch 44 you need two inputs from each 91 & 82, if I understand you correctly this dp lnb only uses one from each, meaning I will have two spare cables??? If so he can use those two for satellite internet.
Thanks

Bell probably doesn't sell DP LNB's from them as they seem to have bought all of Dish's Legacy LNB's and SW44 switches

There are probably a bunch of satellite dealers that sell DP LNB's

correct on the number of lines. DishPro uses bandstacked technology where it takes the H polarity and "stacks" it above the V side which means you only need one cable per satellite slot. So 2 lines from the LNB to the DP34 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)