What KU FTA receiver(s) do you have or use?

What KU receiver(s) do you have?

• Coolsat

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Pansat

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Traxis

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Viewsat

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Fortec

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Sonicview

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buzz

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Captiveworks

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Dreambox

• Neusat

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I'm curious what is the most popular receiver by our members.

I myselft have a cs5k and a new pansat 3500sd.

I know I missed some manufactur's, but I can only do 10 options and I tried for what I think are the 10 most used.

Coolsat 5000 and DvbWorld box for digital, don't get me started on C-Band ;)

Yeah, I don't know enough on c-band. I meant to put Ku in the title, but I can't edit it now, maybe you can fix that for me?

I am ok with the way it is. I just don't do anything with c-band so I was really only curious on what people were using for Ku.

let see

Coolsat 5000
Pansat 1500
Pansat 2100
Foretc Classic
Fortec Ultra
Captiveworks Cw600
Viacast 2000 (not viewsat...Viacast)
Samsung DSB4700
Pansat 5000 (times 2)

DAMN I got a lot of boxes. The Viacast 2000 was the original and the Pansat 1500 was the next.

This doesn't include the boxes I had and sold :)

Last edited:
I started off with
Viacast 2000
Kusat 2600
Fortec Ultra
captiveworks cw600s
viewsat extreme
coolsat 4000/ 5000 platinum
in no particular order. Is it a hobby or a sickness? Lol

Currently using the ones in my signature, and have sitting in my garage the following:

Coolsat 5000
CaptiveWorks CW600s
Fortec Star NA
Pansat 2500a
Pansat 3500s

After playing with different Receivers .
I always comeback to the Coolsat 5000, it feels more natural, I like everything about it.

I use channelmaster to reorganize the satellites in order.

I like the ease of changing channels , editing, and changing from bird to bird on motor.

I hate defaults, like when you scan new sat and you end up on ALL, and on some other receivers I hate Changing from bird to bird because default goes to All.
Ok that my biggest beef with any FTA receiver. I hate Defaults.

After playing with different Receivers .
I always comeback to the Coolsat 5000, it feels more natural, I like everything about it.

I use channelmaster to reorganize the satellites in order.

I like the ease of changing channels , editing, and changing from bird to bird on motor.

I hate defaults, like when you scan new sat and you end up on ALL, and on some other receivers I hate Changing from bird to bird because default goes to All.
Ok that my biggest beef with any FTA receiver. I hate Defaults.

I love my fortec mercury II but those are two beefs I hate, no channel master support, and it constantly switchs to 'all' insted of 'fta'

Pansat 2700 and a commercial Digitrans 7150 (rebranded Motorola 4800) in my active setup.

Soon to add two Nexus-S PC cards (already own the cards, just have to set up the host PCs)... Twinhan Starbox currently in limbo :(

Satin

We use and sell Fortec. You forgot to add the PCI card (i.e. TWINHAN).

Yeah, I know I left some out, but I can only do a 10 option poll. I am just curious on what people use. I am glad people are posting the other stuff though, I did not realize now popular the Cards were (yeah, I Know HD and 4:2:2).

I just tried to get the top 10 that I see around on websites that were actual boxes and such. I also just wanted manufacturer's, obviously, model numbers would be a pain to poll.

What has surprised me so far is that captiveworks is 3rd place(as of the time I wrote this post) and I expected more Traxis numbers. Is captiveworks any good for real fta? Does it have blind scan now? Motor control any good? I read bergs review but not all follow-up posts so am curious if it has been made more user friendly for the true fta community. I know they are popular on the grey market.

Last edited:
What has surprised me so far is that captiveworks is 3rd place and I expected more Traxis numbers. Is captiveworks any good for real fta? Motor control any good? I know they are popular on the grey market.

I got a captivworks because it claimed "plug and play" and "blind scan", neither of which work. Motor control does work decent but you have to type in all the transponder info.

and you mean black market, not grey :)

I said grey cause they are sold legally so no black market :) but "supported" by a group of people I consider grey market as the manufacturers' do not officialy support it, but I and I'm sure many others see that they have their other group of coders that offer up the third party software and call it testing. To me that is grey. :) Either way, we both know what it is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)