What Model Replacement for 942

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScooterS

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 14, 2003
Has anyone returned a 942 for warranty replacement? If so, did Dish sent you a 942 or something else in return?

I'm not having any issues with my 942 now, but eventually will want to replace it with a 622.

Don't know whether to buy the 622 now and sell the old one on E-Bay or to wait until the 942 breaks and hope for a 622 replacement.

Note: The 942 is what they sent me when my $1000 921 died.

Yeah, you will get a 942 for the forseeable future. Or you can upgrade to the 622 with the DIU program.

Dish replacement 942

What ever you do make sure they give you the 622 to keep and not lease.
I have had 4 921 hd boxes in the last 3 months and still have software problems new sw 331hecd is junk in a box!!! They wanted to give me a 622 upgrade and have to purchase a dish 1000 plus 10.00 a month HD Fee and 18 month commitment. What a crock dish is I have had them for over 12 years and all they want to do is screw you. I just got my 7th ra for a 921 they just dont care.

Me thinks I will reconfirm that the 942 is mine and sell it on E-Bay. It works fine and now is probably a good time to sell.

I'll buy a 622 from www.dishstore.net. They are having a sale this weekend. (Scott/ Claude: Notice shameless plug).

It would be my luck that I'd send it back to Dish sometime in the future and end-up with my old 921 back!

I hate to be so down on dish since we have had there service for 12+years but they just do not care any more....

Me thinks I will reconfirm that the 942 is mine and sell it on E-Bay. It works fine and now is probably a good time to sell.

I'll buy a 622 from www.dishstore.net. They are having a sale this weekend. (Scott/ Claude: Notice shameless plug).

It would be my luck that I'd send it back to Dish sometime in the future and end-up with my old 921 back!

I sold mine on Ebay. It went for $280/buy it now the first day. After Ebay fees and thieving PayPal I netted around $250.................. $.02

there is a reason they sell for so much, reasons that arent supported by this site nor myself, but i have seen a 942 sell for 700 bucks, it all depends on the info.

yea I know I've been trying to get a 921 , thinking i could get one for $100 to $125, but not so going for $250 up ( I want a 921,. because i like its gui wayyyy better (i love my 721 but despise the 522/622 etc guide, plus I want extra storage ( strickly for sd only)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)