What new features would you like to see?

That is what I had thought a while back but perhaps that would interfere with the VCR+ patent that does such a thing to allow the vcr to record the shows in that way.

Using a unique ID to identify each program would not be exactly the same as what VCR+ does. The code that VCR+ uses has nothing to do with the actual program, the code is derived using channel number, start time, and duration.

Using a unique ID for the program would mean that for instance "Friends" would get a code of 12345. You set up a weekly timer for Friends on Thursday nights. The system could automatically determine that 12345 has changed duration or start day/time and adjust your timer automatically.

I think though that a unique ID approach would be a little too close to the name-based approach. I would bet that some sort of unique ID thing happens "underneath the covers" for Tivo as well. Maybe not though...

A test of this would be to set up a name-based recording for a show name that is not unique (like the "ER" drama and the "ER" comedy if it were still on). I know that is a rare thing, but it might provide some insight as to how Tivo does things internally...

I do hope that Dish figures out a way to deal with this. It would make a lot of people really happy.

I would like it if the system would figure out a way so that if I had back-to-back timers on the same channel, that it would not have that 1-2 second gap between the timers. The only way I have been able to deal with this now is to set up the first timer so that it records longer (to catch both programs).

How would you know what that number is other than having to look at the program info screen? I suppose they could have some type of code number similar to this: 1234-001 where the first number represents the show then the second number represents the episode number and then by putting an A or B after it would indicate part A or part B if it was a ''to be continued" show. Perhaps they could go even further by putting AC in which the first letter would be the episode number and then C being the last one in that series.

Something like this could be very useful.

I agree with the idea of a timer option of tue- sat for late nite recording. Excellent idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts