What new programming "metal" package will i need?

brian913

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Ok currently I have the top 180 package with my locals. I also have the HD package. Also have HBO and Showtime. Im going to be calling in April and hopefully be replacing my 942 with a 622. I would like to add the new HD mpeg4 channels and keep HBO. Which package should I tell dish I want when I call to order next month. Im not too interested in having all the movie channels just HBO. Thanks. By the way im in the Kansas City area (66062) if that matters. Thanks for the help. This website ROCKSSSSSSSSS!!!!

All of the HD metal packages include the 23 HD channels.
You can add HBO to any metal package.
The DishHD Gold + Locals + HBO would give you what you mentioned.
You would get the same 180 channels, + your locals in AT (SD) and DT (HD*), which have been uplinked in KC and should be available this month + HBO.
You will also need a dish pointed at 110°/119°/129°

*when being broadcast

new dish?

will i need any sort of dish upgrade? Im not sure what kind of switch i have but ihave a dish 500. Currently i have a 942 and a 625. thanks again

brian913 said:
will i need any sort of dish upgrade? Im not sure what kind of switch i have but ihave a dish 500. Currently i have a 942 and a 625. thanks again
You will either need a Dish1000 pointed at 110°/119°/129°, or add a second Dish pointed at 129°.
The MPEG4 channels and the KC local DT's (now uplinked) are on 129º
The MPEG4 channels are mirrored on 61.5°, but your local KC DT's are uplinked on 129°, so be sure whatever is added in the way of your third dish, is pointed at 129° and not 61.5°.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)