What, no more 721 bugs or complaints?

Would agree - it's more stable than L115 but it's not bug free.

Having more of an incidence of the extremely short recorded events. Short being 30seconds to 7minutes as of late. Also still see the loss of audio on occasion when using the 30second skip feature. And the black screen with audio when coming out of a recorded program.

I am glad to see the screen-saver back in action however! This one approaches 112 in stability. I'm happy again.

There is definately something still screwy with the guide information, the 721, and NHL Center Ice as I'll go in from time to time to see what games are on for the evening and occasionally this receiver will ignore displaying channels 540-552 for whatever reasons. Its not a case of me mistakenly hitting guide twice and toggling between showing All Channels or showing All Subscribed mind you. Just a weird glitch where sometimes it acts as though I'm not subscribed to NHL Center Ice and when you punch in 540 for example it brings up all the NBA channels instead. ??? Doesn't happen every time thankfully.

721 is still buggy

I haven't posted in quite a while, but it's because I've been too busy with work. However, since you're asking, the 721 is still as quirky as ever.

1) Still on occasion I'll get a black screen, with sound from the show airing on it, when changing channels. Not often, but still happens.

2) Occasional "loss of signal on tuner 1" messages. No terrestrial interference (rain, snow, etc). Just happens.

3) Recently, I paused an event (that was being recorded on that same tuner). When I went to back it up a couple times, it locked. After about a minute or so it rebooted. This has happened only once recently.

4) Sometimes, when doing the 10 second skip back, it goes slow, and takes a bit of time for the sound to sync with the picture again.

Call it what you want, but my personal opinion is still the 721 is as buggy as always. One thing gets fixed, and others take their place. Then again, maybe some of us are just lucky that way to get buggy hardware. And this is the replacement unit for a previously buggy unit.

Some people would call us complainers, I would call us suckers. Anyone who would buy a product that has known bugs must have a few screws loose. I sure am glad I got out of the DISH biz, my problem is I still have a ton of E* stock that will never get back up to what it once was. If I had any sense at all I would change providers but I guess I'm just a bit of a nut about wanting some channels that are only on DISH.

Well I guess I spoke to early about how stable my 721 is with L1.16.

Over the last couple of days I have had my 721 reboot by itself once while watching live TV, no timers, not recording. Also today I was in the guide and the remote control went dead except for the guide button, I could toggle through my favorites list with the guide button but all other buttons on the remote wouldn't work until a reboot.

I'm sorry to say I am just waiting to see what Rupert does with D* and if he does good things I am switching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts