What, no more 721 bugs or complaints?

I've got to admit L1.16 seems to be very stable. I haven't had to reboot once since I have gotten it. I am actually for the first time satisfied with my 721.

Ahh it seems as though they shipped the good software which I have been running for a very long time as a beta. :)

I am VERY happy with my 721.

I think there are only so many people here who complain. And now they are complaining about the 811. ;)

DenR, I take that as a slam. It's sninks when a person gets a bad rep for speaking the truth about a bad product. If it was not for those of us who complain you WOULD be stuck with trash. I guess the DISH software geeks were just updating the 721 software because they had nothing better to do.

ken said:
I guess the DISH software geeks were just updating the 721 software because they had nothing better to do.

Ken,

I think that is a very unfair statement. I know some of the software engineers at Echostar and I know that they work VERY hard on the receiver software.

If you really need to blame someone you should blame all the problems on higher level management that has not given the software department the resources that they need. Part of the problem is that DISH tried to roll out too many new receivers at the same time.

Bob Haller probably has been to busy trying to bait Bill R to damage his 721 the past couple of weeks thus the loss of 721 complaints.

The only real problem I'm still seeing with the latest software rev. revolves around swapping from tuner to tuner with picture in picture enabled while watching NHL Center Ice games. Still getting occasional errors saying the last channel you were on is no longer available/blacked out when you have to shut down and re open PIP after games freeze on occasion and still get the odd reboots from this activity. I've noticed I'll shut down the PIP then not be able to open it up again for a good six or seven seconds afterwards. Its delayed. Everything else seems to be fairly smooth though knock on wood.

Head over to the BBB (Bob's Bitch Board) :). I am sure that he will be able to break it somehow and complain again and again over there.

I had a reboot tonight (two timers fired at the same time and I was watching a PVR). Everything froze, and it rebooted. Missed the first 3 minutes or so of the programs I tried to record.

Didn't lose anything that was already in the list though.

I guess I shouldn't have turned it off last night...

My 721 has been rock solid since the update. Under the no news is good news, it sounds like the bulk of the 721s are behaving better as well.

I don't like this trend though.... Like the Dishplayer, they only find a way to make it rock solid AFTER they discontinue it.

Big Bob said:
Head over to the BBB (Bob's Bitch Board) :). I am sure that he will be able to break it somehow and complain again and again over there.

I really don't understand why they continue to allow Bob Haller to turn DBSTalk into the BBB. He is on another rant this morning about how unreliable DISH software is.

I am all for reporting bugs but his CONSTANT re-hashing of OLD problems is really hurting that board. I am glad to see that SatelliteGuys.US is FAR more balanced.

My 721's been very stable since the last upgrade. I had to reboot it every couple days with the old upgrade, now I haven't had to reboot it since the new one. I'm pleased about it.

I would echo the statements of several others - since the recent update my 721 has become a pleasure to use. All of the bugs that I was aware of have disappeared and I have not had to reboot it once since the update. Prior to the update I had to reboot at least once a day to get it straightened out.

Kudos to the Dish folks for finally getting it right.

I have loved my 721 since July of 2002...didn't see many of the reported bugs since I usually just use it to record only..have used pause in live mode only a few times. As I have said in this forum and in DBStalk, us non-techno guys all love our 721's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts