What other HD channels would you like to see?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ESPNews HD and Cartoon Network HD are both available on D*. ESPNews HD looks great. It was launched on 4/2/08 channel 207. Cartoon Network has not shown any HD yet. It was launched fall 2007.
I think Scott said that we probably will not have any hd content on Cartoon Network until this fall. A year later after launched.

Jeez, you just switched and already wanting more? :p

Since switching I'm actually pretty content with my selection. All of my "favorite" shows are now viewable in HD.

The only program I watch regularly that I'd like to see in HD is The Daily Show, so Comedy Central HD would be nice to have. I also think I'd watch Travel a bit more often if it was in HD.

And, I *occasionally* miss Rave HD, which is one of the E* exclusive Voom channels. Far from a deal breaker, but would be nice.

I'll also note that I've been recording The Riches on FX. I haven't watched yet, as I need to, ahem, "acquire" the first few episodes. However, I have noticed no HD logo. Hopefully The Shield will be... I'd be content with more HD content on some of these HD channels!

I will be the greedy one of the bunch as I want all the channels in a HD format. Actually I just want all the channels in an MPEG4 format so the PQ on the SD channels are improved.

WGN HD is needed now because of the MLB games of both Chicago Cubs and White Sox teams.

There needs to be prioritizing in bringing the channels. That was handled well, last September, with bringing in TBS HD so we could see HD of postseason games.

Just start banging away in furthering local coverage of HD stations, and bring in the cable programmers' HD feeds. Bring in Mojo as well.

Do it, DirecTV, do it!

Once Lifetime and LMN are shown in HD on DirecTV, my wife would be at her happiest for tv viewing.

Me, having just switched back to DirecTV and being on Dish, I am content with the current line up, but if I had to request:
Travel and the rest of the available movie sub channels.

WGN HD and Fox News HD are about the only two left I feel are really a big deal to add as far as HD goes.

AMC HD, Fox Movie Channel HD, Chiller HD, Travel Channel HD, ABC FamilyHD, ComedyHD, HallmarkHD ,Sleuth HD, IFC HD, Tru TV HD ,ESPN Classic HD, Encore HD, and my Locals CBSHD,NBCHD, and WB HD.

Nice list! I'll take AMC,FMC,TMC, and MSNBC and everything Hemi mentioned.

The channels don't matter if the program material ain't HD. We're still some time away from HD becoming mainstream and until that, just gimmie FoxNews I suppose.

The channels don't matter if the program material ain't HD.

yes it does still matter...as i said before about an espn classic hd:

"i know alot of the game reruns wouldnt be hd due to their age but an sd game on an hd channel still looks better than a sd game on an sd channel."

WGN HD is needed now because of the MLB games of both Chicago Cubs and White Sox teams.

There needs to be prioritizing in bringing the channels. That was handled well, last September, with bringing in TBS HD so we could see HD of postseason games.

Just start banging away in furthering local coverage of HD stations, and bring in the cable programmers' HD feeds. Bring in Mojo as well.

Do it, DirecTV, do it!
I would love to see WGN as well. Since I have MLB EI usually the Cubs and the White Sox are shown on MLB EI from the other teams feed when they are being broadcast on WGN, so I don't miss anything. It is not that important too me.

Does anyone know if WGN does that stretch-o-vision crap, like TBS?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts