Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I was looking into this package, let me know what you guys think.
I would love to get HD-DVR box but I am kinda undecided if I want to drop 199$ on it.
By the way let me know what you think of my package so far, on what I am thinking, the way things are looking right now Dish Network is probably out of the question..
Yesterday I went at my neighbors house and saw his channels (Direct TV) he doesn't have HD channels or HDTV, but I was amazed by the quality of his channels, it looked 10 times better on what I get on my HDTV with Charter (I am talking about the SD channels).
Last question, will I get all the HDTV channels with the current premier package with the HDTV access + HD extra pack? (about the HD extra pack, I am not sure which channels are actually included, anyone know which channels you get with the HD extra pack?)
Thanks.

Startup Costs
1 DIRECTV® HD Receiver
$99.00
Instant Online Rebate -$99.00
1 Handling and Delivery Fee
$0.00
1 Standard Professional Installation
$0.00
Total Startup Costs: $0.00
Your First Month's Bill
PREMIER
$99.99
DIRECTV® HD EXTRA PACK
$0.00
HD Access
$9.99
DIRECTV PROTECTION PLAN
$5.99
$23/mo. credit for STARZ and SHOWTIME for 3 months -$23.00
First Month's Total: $92.97
Mail-in Redemption -$10.00
Final Monthly Total:* $82.97

Also after the special offers are gone after like 3 months or so, my monthly bill will be around 146.96?
This is how I did it:
Premier Pack $99.99
DirecTV HD Extra pack $4.99
HD Access $9.99
DirecTV Protection Plan $5.99
+ $23.00 added monthly for the Starz and showtime channels
= 146.96
Correct me if I did the calculations wrong or right.

Its kinda expensive :/

Also after the special offers are gone after like 3 months or so, my monthly bill will be around 146.96?
This is how I did it:
Premier Pack $99.99
DirecTV HD Extra pack $4.99
HD Access $9.99
DirecTV Protection Plan $5.99
+ $23.00 added monthly for the Starz and showtime channels
= 146.96
Correct me if I did the calculations wrong or right.

Its kinda expensive :/

Looks reasonable ...
Expensive ???? Your starting out with the "$ 100 package and going up from there.

Wait a minute, thats NOT right. The Premium package already has the movie channels in it, so you can drop the addl. $ 23 p/m for the Starz and Showtime you listed.

Jimbo

I am little lost it says: $23/mo. credit for STARZ and SHOWTIME for 3 months -$23.00
I mean I thought it was all included in that package, and the starz+showtime thingy doesn't make much sense to me, it was already added and the only thing I added to my package would be the HDTV access+ the HD Extra access + the protection plan because you never know what it can happen.

Last edited:
They might just be giving you the $23 credit as part of the promotion. Just because you want the premier pack ,doesn't mean you wouldn't quaify for the discount. Your just not getting anyother discounts after 3 months.

I would definitely call them and ask them directly what the very best deal there is for what you want. This is what I did...rather than do anything online and I am quite pleased so far with the deal that they offered me.

Is the promo for Sunday Ticket gone? Thats what I just did.

Premier is free for the first 4 months
Sunday ticket cost = $69.99 for the first 4 months
HD Access fee $9.99
$10 per month credit for 10 months if your order from a D* retailer (vs. buying direct)

So its better ordering DTV from my local retailer for better discounts than directly from DTV?
How about the mail in rebate, I still think if they are going to give you a 10$ discount monthly mail in rebate....it doesn't make much sense, it be nice to have 10$ credit directly in the bill instead of waste money on a letter and stamp and wait months to get that rebate of 10$..
Also lets say I were to upgrade H20 receiver to a newer one or maybe a HR20, would I be able to do that?

BTW I am fed up with charter, they suck big time, where other cable companies added more and more HD channels charter added 3...PQ is horrific.
They are giving me a great deal for all their channels includes all premiums channels including all the HD channels and High speed Internet for 100$ a month not much I can complaint about, but it seems I am last gen with this provider, where everyone with other cable providers or satellite providers are 2 years ahead.
Also they are having nearly 5$ rate hike and thats the 2nd one this year within 5 months... I love video on demand but still their quality of the videos are s****y its like watching analog tv all over again the way the shows are put in there.

In the end I will be keeping the High Speed Internet because thats one place where they aren't screwing up, and I wanted to give it a try to their Cable Telephone, it seems a good deal for 29.99 a month for like 3 or 6 or 12 months. I am not 100% sure what their price will be after that term, probably 39.99$.

So its better ordering DTV from my local retailer for better discounts than directly from DTV?
How about the mail in rebate, I still think if they are going to give you a 10$ discount monthly mail in rebate....it doesn't make much sense, it be nice to have 10$ credit directly in the bill instead of waste money on a letter and stamp and wait months to get that rebate of 10$..
Also lets say I were to upgrade H20 receiver to a newer one or maybe a HR20, would I be able to do that?

I perfer to call directly to D*, this way I can talk to the people actually settint the programming up, also if you want to turn a perticular channel on, they can do it right while your sitting there watching, no waiting ....
Also, if the offer your (D* on the phone) you a $10 p/m credit, it WILL show on your bill, no mail in stuff to worry about.

Jimbo

Ah thank you Jimbo!, you are very helpful!
Yeha Its either live VoD or better PQ and more HD channels and Sunday Ticket superfan (games in HD).
Looks like DTV is the way to go, last question, I've seen the new HR-21, very slick and nice looking it will match with my home entertainment system, whats the price to get it in terms of renting it monthly, is it like 199$ down like the HR-20 or you have to pay more?

You do have to send in, like a rebate, to get the $10 credit, but once you do that, it shows up on your bill from then on (for 12 months). You only have to submit it once.

...last question, I've seen the new HR-21, very slick and nice looking it will match with my home entertainment system, whats the price to get it in terms of renting it monthly, is it like 199$ down like the HR-20 or you have to pay more?

Sorry, I missed this part of the question... I'm not sure if you can order an HR21 yet or not or what the cost is.

Keep in mind that it won't do OTA - not sure if you use that...

No OTA? .... I been looking in the forums I heard people are able to rent the HR20-700 box for around 149$ instead of 199$, Is that true at all? I think that might be true with the new HR21 right on the corner I suppose the HR20 would drop in price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)