Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I got the Holiday bundle at Walmart. It included five games:

Resistance Fall of Man
Call of Duty 3
NBA 2k7
Mobile Gundam
Friday Night Round(or whatever)

My tv is 1080i only. Will not accept 720p.

NBA 2k7 is 1080i. I have read that it is not as good graphically as NBA live, but has better game play. I'm gonna keep it.

COD and RFOM. Only gonna keep one. COD is 1080i, RFOM 720p only. Also COD is "more" appropriate for the family. Gonna trade RFOM.

Gonna trade the boxing and mech warrior game for lack of interest. So I have three to trade. I'm going to get Madden and Tiger Woods. Even though they are only 720p the family loves these games.

I don't know what else to get. I am thinking about the Marvel game. My 4 year old daughter won't be able to play it well, but if she is moving Spiderman on the screen she'll have a blast. She plays Tetris against my wife and races to reach the top, then tells my wife that she won. Is the Marvel game any good? What else would you guys reccommend to trade for if I don't get Marvel?

Can you hold on to them for a while. Right now there is really nothing really good out to trade them for.

I agree with minorthr, the best thing is to trade them for PS2 games that your kids may like. Enjoy your ps3.Btw here are the games announced to come out in the next 6-7 months on it(dates could change):

January 15, 2007 College Hoops 2K7 2K Sports Sports
January 30, 2007 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas Ubisoft Shooter
February 2007 NBA Street Homecourt Electronic Arts Sports Action
February 2007 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Bethesda Softworks RPG
February 2007 F.E.A.R. Vivendi Games Shooter
February 2007 Calling All Cars Sony Computer Entertainment Action
February 2007 Fatal Inertia KOEI Racing Action
February 2007 Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War KOEI Strategy
February 20, 2007 Virtua Fighter 5 SEGA Fighting
March 2007 Armored Core 4 SEGA Action
March 2007 MotorStorm Sony Computer Entertainment Racing
March 2007 Formula One Championship Edition Sony Computer Entertainment Racing
March 2007 Virtua Tennis 3 SEGA Sports
March 2007 Major League Baseball 2K7 2K Games Sports
March 2007 Def Jam: Icon Electronic Arts Fighting
Q1 2007 Gran Turismo HD*DEMO* Concept Sony Computer Entertainment Racing
April 2007 Lair Sony Computer Entertainment Action
May 2007 Spider-Man 3 Activision Action Adventure
May 2007 John Woo Presents Stranglehold Midway Games Action Adventure
June 2007 Half-Life 2 Electronic Arts Shooter
June 2007 Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer Take-Two Interactive Action Adventure
Q2 2007 Darkness, The 2K Games Action
Q2 2007 Indiana Jones 2007 LucasArts Action
Q2 2007 Unreal Tournament 2007 Midway Games Shooter
Q2 2007 ShadowClan *TBA Action
Q2 2007 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Ubisoft Shooter
Q2 2007 Bigs, The 2K Sports Sports
Q2 2007 MLB '07: The Show Sony Computer Entertainment Sports
Q2 2007 Warhawk Sony Computer Entertainment Flight Action
Q2 2007 Coded Arms Assault Konami Shooter
Q2 2007 Monster Madness SouthPeak Interactive Action
Q2 2007 Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Ubisoft Shooter
Q2 2007 Nihilistic PS3 Project [untitled] *TBA Action
Q2 2007 X Quest *TBA RPG
Q2 2007 Medal of Honor: Airborne Electronic Arts Shooter
Q2 2007 Golden Axe SEGA Action
Q2 2007 Haze Ubisoft Shooter
Q2 2007 Burnout 5 Electronic Arts Racing
Q2 2007 Eye of Judgment: Conquerors of 9 Fields, The Sony Computer Entertainment Card Battle
Q2 2007 SingStar Sony Computer Entertainment Music
Q2 2007 Alone in the Dark Atari Adventure
Q2 2007 Factor 5 Project #2 [untitled] Sony Computer Entertainment Action
July 2007 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Electronic Arts Adventure

Comments like this are not needed, did you even read the list?

Yes I did, it's a list for upcoming games. None of those games are AAA must have titles IMO.

I would recommend College Hoops 2K7 since the graphic really pop in HD but EBgames changed the 1/15/07 date to 3/07.

Nothing on that list is a system seller, which has always been case for year one (PS1 and Ps2). It seems history is repeating itself again.

So what's the problem? Would you like me to lie and tell the original poster that he should hold out for Golden Axe, Bigs, The 2K, and Armored Core 4. No I won’t, but the future is bright with big titles like GTA 4, Metal Gear 4, DMC 4, FF 13 in the pipeline.

The same could be said for the Wii, 360, Ps2, Neo-Geo, Sega Dreamcast, 3DO, Saturn all during their first year of release. I should know because I had them all (except Wii) and know a drought when I see one.

He already says he has NBA 2K7 and there is nothing else I can recommend.

Motorstorm, Rainbow six vegas, Oblivion, Fear, all those are aaa list games, GRAW2 The list is full of top games!

Good games and AAA are 2 different things to me. Motostrom and Vegas aren't AAA to me. While Vegas is quite good I do not know if it suits every gamers taste.

I don't know if he has a 360, Oblvion is now $20 cheaper on there. FEAR is a PC port and not something new and fresh IMO. I was tired of it 30 minutes into it on PC version.

PS3 will have some great games this time next year.

Good games and AAA are 2 different things to me. Motostrom and Vegas aren't AAA to me. While Vegas is quite good I do not know if it suits every gamers taste.

I don't know if he has a 360, Oblvion is now $20 cheaper on there. FEAR is a PC port and not something new and fresh IMO. I was tired of it 30 minutes into it on PC version.

PS3 will have some great games this time next year.

def agree 100% with your last statement :) cant wait to see the future.

Oh sorry, if you don't like those here are the good ones:

Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy Versus 13, Metal Gear Solid 4, GTA 4, Assassin's Creed, Gran Turismo 5, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Silent Hill 5, Tekken 6, new Driver, White Knight Story, Resident Evil 5, Virtua Fighter 5, Kingdom Hearts III, The Getaway 3, new Jak and Daxter,new Ratchet and Clank, new Ace Combat, Devil May Cry 4, new SOCOM, new Onimusha, new Soul Calibur, Lair, Warhawk, Killzone2, Heavenly Sword, Unreal Tournament 2007, Afrika, Alone in the Dark, Eight Days, Untitled Naughty Dog Game, L.A. Noire, Lemmings, Winning Eleven 2007, Tomb Raider 8 (working title), Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, DIRT: Colin McRae Off-Road, Virtua Tennis 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, F.E.A.R., Major League Baseball 2k7, Madden 08, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Golden Axe, Turok, Black (working title), Burnout 5, Sega Rally Revo, Endless Saga, King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 3.

Make your picks..if you don't like any of these I donno what games you play tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts