What remote is this?

kresston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 29, 2004
Home of the HOKIES!!
Channel browsing and saw this remote on the Hopper Channel (103). It was on a commercial for the Hopper Magazine. Is this one of the new ones coming out soon?

remote.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a remote from a different cable company, unless Dish is planning on a new design for their remotes.

I doubt it's a Dish remote. It's possible Dish hired an different company to produce the how to use the Hopper video loop shown on. Ch.103 HD (SD ch. 103 is the this month's free preview channels list slate).

If this is the new remote, then the almost 15 years of muscle memory I have with the current remote will go out the window, if I decide to get one. This will probably be the remote that will ship with the new Hopper mentioned in another thread here.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
It looks like dish. I mean the only thing I am going off is the color keys. They are the same order as Dish, in approx the same area.

Those (4) colored buttons are used on other company's remotes as well. Well, they're there - can't say that they're used though.

The 922 does. All others do not(they were planning to use them with the 722, but scrapped that almost immediately.

It seems like manufacturers have been adding the colored buttons to remotes for a number of years without actually utilizing them. It reminds me of when they started putting the <*> and <#> buttons on phones and magnetic strips on the back of credit cards. Nobody knew why they were there, we just knew it was "something for the future."

The colored buttons are really handy on the Hopper. It's amazing how just four soft keys can add so much functionality without cluttering the remote. And since the on-screen menus are color-coded, you don't even have to remember which key does what. I have Samsung Blu-ray player that utilizes them, as well. My Pioneer TV remote has the buttons, but I've never found a use for them (but then again, I rarely use that remote).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)