What ROMS have you used with your android phone

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Just wanted to see what everyone has used and what they are using now. Pros and cons if you have any to list.

I am running bugless beast V0.4 with the evolution theme. It is the only one i have used so far, and just wondering what else is out there that is good.

So far I have been VERY pleased with this one.

Might be usefule to list the device too.

On my Samsung Moment, I've run a few builds from the kitchens, but right now I am running the Froyo Radioactive rom, like it alot and will probably stick with it until they do a full 2.2 port for the moment.

No real pros or cons, the current one just works well for me.

Two:

Kangerade 1.1 for Froyo; and Bugless Beast .1 and then BB .4, on Moto Droid 1. I have stuck with Pete's BB because it is very stable, and I get decent battery life, plus 800MHz OC without having to install a new kernel.

I just installed a chevy kernel. Low voltage 1 ghz. Man, this works great . Benchmarked 1408 with it! Beats the stock droid x, nexus, evo, and galaxy. It runs so slick with it.

I just installed a chevy kernel. Low voltage 1 ghz. Man, this works great . Benchmarked 1408 with it! Beats the stock droid x, nexus, evo, and galaxy. It runs so slick with it.

And what does it do to the battery life? Do you have some dialed-down profiles established in setcpu?

And what does it do to the battery life? Do you have some dialed-down profiles established in setcpu?

Too early to really tell, but it "seems" to actually drain it less through this morning than the 800 mhz kernel. Ill really see in a few days.

And yes, I have some dialed down profiles, and have been leaving the max at 900mhz instead of 1 ghz for now.

Too early to really tell, but it "seems" to actually drain it less through this morning than the 800 mhz kernel. Ill really see in a few days.

And yes, I have some dialed down profiles, and have been leaving the max at 900mhz instead of 1 ghz for now.

My phone does great out of the charger, pretty much I go all day at work and still have 70 percent when I am done. THAT is not true when I am travelling and checking it all the time. Or taking pictures, etc...

I use Cyanogenmod 6 RC3 on my Nexus One. They recently released the final version, but I'm holding off a little bit because it seems like there's a few issues with it still. Overall I like it, but I'm definitely not opposed to trying out other custom roms. I just with with cyan first because it was the one I heard referenced the most.

Used BB .4 for quite a while, but was having app update problems (like 18 apps always pending update/downloading, but trying to cancel any would result in a force close). To fix it I went through a couple days of expiramenting... liked Cyanogen 6 RC but it'd reboot on my periodically. Ended up with LithiumMod with standard voltage 800mhz kernel and Droid X theme and it's been the best ROM I've had so far.

I forgot to charge it Saturday night like I normally do, and it was still at 70% after more than 24 hours. By bedtime it was at 50% with light use. I've never gotten that much idle battery life out of my phone before.

I am using BB .4 and haven't had those problems. What phone do you have meStevo?

I have an original VZW Droid, it's a problem I had, I don't mean to imply it was a problem with the ROM, I had BB .4 from the day it was released until last week, loved it. I just have a ton of apps that I need to probably uninstall.

Oh ok. I have the original VZW Droid too that's why I ask

Just hit 1545 running at one ghz in performance mode. Guy on pinstack running at 1.3 got in the upper 1500 range (and I have seen claims in the 1800 range on different kernels). He also tested his galaxy and hit 1400.

Just amazes me that the processor in the droid is capable of so much more than it is rated from the factory at.

Just hit 1545 running at one ghz in performance mode. Guy on pinstack running at 1.3 got in the upper 1500 range (and I have seen claims in the 1800 range on different kernels). He also tested his galaxy and hit 1400.

Just amazes me that the processor in the droid is capable of so much more than it is rated from the factory at.

You should see how much over stock CPU I have my Computer running at. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)