what sat. are the SF HD locals located at?

juangomez

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Hi,

I have a 942 and two dishes, one 500 pointing to 110/119 and a regular one pointing to 61.5.
I'm located in SF Bay area and have a good lock on HD OTA channels.

I want to upgrade my leased 942 to a 622 and I was wondering if I need to upgrade my dish as well in order to get the HD locals through the sat (that way I'll be able to record/watch more that one HD local at a time).

What sat are the SF HD locals located at?

Thanks!
= J =

thanks!

so what is the recommendation?
should I upgrade my 500 and get installed the 1000?

those HD locals in 129 won't get replicated in 61.5, that is the other dish I have, right?

and I guess I would have to pay for the installation anyway, even if I don't do any dish upgrade, right? (the $299 includes it)

Thanks!
= J =

juangomez said:
thanks!

so what is the recommendation?
should I upgrade my 500 and get installed the 1000?

those HD locals in 129 won't get replicated in 61.5, that is the other dish I have, right?

and I guess I would have to pay for the installation anyway, even if I don't do any dish upgrade, right? (the $299 includes it)

Thanks!
= J =

Or swing your 61.5 to 129.

garys said:
Or swing your 61.5 to 129.

Thanks!

sometimes the solution is in front of your eyes and you don't see it :)

would I lose any channel that is in 61.5 and not in 129? they used to be mirrors but I guess they are not anymore.

Cheers.
= J =

juangomez said:
Thanks!

sometimes the solution is in front of your eyes and you don't see it :)

would I lose any channel that is in 61.5 and not in 129? they used to be mirrors but I guess they are not anymore.

Cheers.
= J =

Only channel you will/may lose: HD Demo channel, or CBS-HD (only if waiver is accepted, but you may lose it after SF HD locals are activated.)

You'll probably get at least 10 points better signal strength with a dedicated dish for 129. I had a 61.5 dish in addition to a D500 and swung it to 129 when I upgraded to the 622. I'm located just East of you above Sacramento.

Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)