what sat. are the SF HD locals located at?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

juangomez

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Hi,

I have a 942 and two dishes, one 500 pointing to 110/119 and a regular one pointing to 61.5.
I'm located in SF Bay area and have a good lock on HD OTA channels.

I want to upgrade my leased 942 to a 622 and I was wondering if I need to upgrade my dish as well in order to get the HD locals through the sat (that way I'll be able to record/watch more that one HD local at a time).

What sat are the SF HD locals located at?

Thanks!
= J =

thanks!

so what is the recommendation?
should I upgrade my 500 and get installed the 1000?

those HD locals in 129 won't get replicated in 61.5, that is the other dish I have, right?

and I guess I would have to pay for the installation anyway, even if I don't do any dish upgrade, right? (the $299 includes it)

Thanks!
= J =

juangomez said:
thanks!

so what is the recommendation?
should I upgrade my 500 and get installed the 1000?

those HD locals in 129 won't get replicated in 61.5, that is the other dish I have, right?

and I guess I would have to pay for the installation anyway, even if I don't do any dish upgrade, right? (the $299 includes it)

Thanks!
= J =

Or swing your 61.5 to 129.

garys said:
Or swing your 61.5 to 129.

Thanks!

sometimes the solution is in front of your eyes and you don't see it :)

would I lose any channel that is in 61.5 and not in 129? they used to be mirrors but I guess they are not anymore.

Cheers.
= J =

juangomez said:
Thanks!

sometimes the solution is in front of your eyes and you don't see it :)

would I lose any channel that is in 61.5 and not in 129? they used to be mirrors but I guess they are not anymore.

Cheers.
= J =

Only channel you will/may lose: HD Demo channel, or CBS-HD (only if waiver is accepted, but you may lose it after SF HD locals are activated.)

You'll probably get at least 10 points better signal strength with a dedicated dish for 129. I had a 61.5 dish in addition to a D500 and swung it to 129 when I upgraded to the 622. I'm located just East of you above Sacramento.

Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)