What should I do...

VY10

Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
I live in Arkansas, and I'm 60 miles from the broadcast towers in Little Rock. E* doesn't have the Little Rock locals in HD. I recently signed up in July, and I have AT 60 (recently married, cheap).

I just got a 37 inch LCD for Christmas. What should I do?

Cable with Suddenlink? I would have to pay to get out of my 18-month commitment to E*, and I don't know what Suddenlink has for HD content. Their website sucks. I just know they seem more expensive than E* for monthly service.

Would an antenna work well, given my distance? Should I "move" to Dallas?

Thank you for your help.

60 miles is about the limit, but check with antennaweb to see if you might get anything. If it's all UHF, a CM4228 and pre-amp might do the trick.

Is there a local OTA antenna installer? If so, you might be able to receive. If not, and you're not in a sparsely populated area, you may be in trouble. Installers are not that expensive, and might guarantee a signal you'd be happy with or little charge.

I am over 60 miles from my local TV towers (in Oklahoma). I use the CM4228 and preamp and have no trouble getting good reception. Antenna web may say you are too far out (it did me), but it depends on surrounding geography, etc.

There is a forum on this site for OTA info by the way. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)