what should i expect?

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
Hi guys , i have an installation in a couple of weeks for 2 hoppers and 3 joeys and i was wondering what kind of installation should i expect from the tech.

Hard to say without knowing the tech. :)

But honestly there are thousands of these receivers installed every day. Chances are good you install will go well. We seem to only hear about the bad installs here and almost never hear about the good ones. :D

well right now i have a eastern arc dish with a wing for 119 for allamerican direct locals. I would assume he would install a duo node to feed my 2 hoppers and 3 joeys, but is it possible to have an extra line for a 222 receiver?n or would i need to purchase something else to make it happen?

You can only add one 211/411 in a Hopper configuration. This is specifically for Tailgaters but it would work in the home as well.

Well I was trying to figure out if they installed a duo node , would they need to install a dpp switch. or could i just add a separator on one of the lines from the dish?

Last edited:
Well I was trying to figure out if they installed a duo node , would they need to install a dpp switch. or could i just add a separator on one of the lines from the dish?

You need THREE satellite feeds and a duo node to feed the 6 tuners you'll have with two Hoppers. Any other receivers need to connect BEFORE the node, so you'd need a switch ahead of the node. In your case, you'd need a 3-in/4-out switch minimum, probably a DPP44.

That's the technical side. As others mentioned, Dish will only allow one ViP211 on an account with a Hopper/Joey system. No other receivers can be on the same account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts