What should the signal strength be on Dish 500, 110, 121, 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Just new to dish and, on the 942, finding a Pointing the Dish Option and just wondering what should be the Signal strength read for these 3 satellites--I have 2 dishes--one pointed at 61.5 and the other at the other two. It says 119, but don't know if I get that.

It's different for everyone, anything over 75 will give you nice results (although you will suffer from rain fade).

The higher the better, mine are all in the low 90's to 125 most of the time, when it rains really hard they go down 5% or so.

bookwalk said:
What should the signal strength be on Dish 500, 110, 121, 61.4?

First of all, a DISH500 receivers signals from 119 and 110 only. You would need a SuperDISH for 121. If you don't have a SuperDISH, you are NOT receiving 121. Second, there is no 61.4. It's 61.5.

bookwalk said:
What channels are on 121 that I don't get?

Mostly international channels but a separate subscription is required for those. There are some local channels on 121 as well but your ability to receive those depends on where you live.

My 311 get 115 to 120 on 110 and 119 on a Dish 500. My 811 get 95-99 on 110 and 119 and 105 on 61.5. I think the lower strength on the 811 has to do with the splitter that adds 61.5. I tweeked both dishes with a meter out at the dish. I have all Dish Pro equipment, lnbs and switches.

Hello,

I just added 110 using an SW21 and a "legacy" Directv dish. The dish is on the roof with a clear shot. The 61.5 dish is peaking at 117 as a comparison. My location is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I used transponder 7 to peak the 110 dish because it is home to the HDNets. I optimized the azimuth first and then the elevation.

I get readings of 98 to 99 for transponders 11 and 12 for 110. For my location, is that okay????

Of course, I did the install just an hour before noticing this thread.

I was told to use trans 19 on 119 and once you get a good sig. run check switch and 110 should come in automatically on a dish500. It worked for me. My numbers are around 103 for both locations. I need to tweak my dish a little to get a higher signal which I'll be doing later this week. As for rain fade, haven't experinced any yet. Even though it did rain pretty hard over the past couple of days.

I edited my post above to indicate that I installed a Directv one satellite only location dish; I suppose like a Dish 300 for 110 only.

Randall A. is rght, the standard used here to make apples to apples comparisons is TPs 11 & 12 for 110 & 119. Lower numbers might be spotbeams whose strength varies wildly based on location. Both odd & even numbers are needed to evaluate cable & connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts