GEOSATpro What size hard drive for the Micro?

WRBreland

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Ice,

In regards to MPEG4 files recorded by the GeosatPro microHD:
Have you tried to play the files with another media player?
Edit the files with VideoReDo?

The manual states microHD can use NTFS formatted hard drives up to 2TB, have you had any trouble with large drives? I have looked at several PVR IRDs and they all use FAT only, the microHD is the first one that I have looked at that can use NTFS. I was almost ready to purchase a AZBox Premium HD till I read that it was FAT only.

I broke the post off of the review....

In regards to MPEG4 files recorded by the GeosatPro microHD:
Have you tried to play the files with another media player?
yes and they play fine
Edit the files with VideoReDo?
havent tried it. I'm sure others have and can comment

The manual states microHD can use NTFS formatted hard drives up to 2TB, have you had any trouble with large drives? I have looked at several PVR IRDs and they all use FAT only, the microHD is the first one that I have looked at that can use NTFS. I was almost ready to purchase a AZBox Premium HD till I read that it was FAT only.
yes the Micro can use NTFS. I only have a 500GB drive on mine but I know of folks who have used a 2TB drive with no issues.

I prefer NTFS formatting, but both FAT and MTFS formatting os supported. Have used VideoReDo as well as several other free TS and MPEG video editors with success. Files play back with about any player including WMC and of course VLC.

2TB drives work fine and multiple drives are recognized when installed in multi-drive cases. No issues with larger drives. I swap between several 500GB and a 2TB.

Avoid drives that have preloaded back-up or ones that take a long time to mount.

I have used a Rosewill R2 external twin drive enclosure with two 2TB drives installed. This is a very well made enclosure with cooling fan. This gives me enough storage for almost all of my collection :) The microHD won't play all the file types, but the AZBox will. Hopefully a future update will give the mHD access to more file types.

We have received those codecs and have requested ALi to update. Thought that you had additional issues that you had not previously reported.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts