what switch do i need and where to buy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I believe I get free with upgrade so if too much money I will wait for upgrade!
I currently have a dish 500 dish from 1999 that has dual lnbs with dual feeds on each. They feed into 2 s21's. THen one cable goes to my 510 and one to my 501. I also have a older 3700 that is not being used but someday I might want to use. Dont have to however!
What is the easiest way to get my 921 working with the 510-501 on same dish. Thank you.

Buy your 921 and dish will give you for free all the switched and or lnbs you need to get it and your other recievers up and running. Just you the free intall cert found in the 921 box

Paradox-SJ said:
Buy your 921 and dish will give you for free all the switched and or lnbs you need to get it and your other recievers up and running. Just you the free intall cert found in the 921 box

Check before you buy. Many 921s do not contain free install certs. Mine did not (purchased before price break), but I had everything I needed so I did not care. Everyone has been saying that Costco boxes have them, if your Costco has 921s. Many do not.

Easiest way would be to buy a quad. you can get a DP quad for about $30 on ebay. that will work for the 921 and the 501 & 510.

I would just a SW-64 switch since you already have two legacy dual LNBs. If you ever need to put up a second dish (perhaps future HD programming) you'll already be set. If you want to go to DP get the DP Quad like Kevin said.

I just answered you in your other thread - consider my alternatives there.

I strongly suggest you avoid the rat's nest of a SW64 - there's just no point any more.

erasmu said:
Check before you buy. Many 921s do not contain free install certs. Mine did not (purchased before price break), but I had everything I needed so I did not care. Everyone has been saying that Costco boxes have them, if your Costco has 921s. Many do not.

mine from Costco did have coupon for install including needed hardware cert in box.
What will they probably install?

another forum (dbstalk) a couple posters there said they did give them the dpp44 because they had 3 receivers and needed locals on third sat. So I beleive I have good chance. HOPEFULLY

Well got system up and running temporary until install. Disconected my daughters room unit outside at sw-21 and also disconected my Voom from spitter at OTA antenna. Put rg-6 from Sw-21 to cable that usually supplies voom and ota signals into home. Used old DTV dual lnb dish I had in garage. Put it up and hooked up my Daughters unit to sat 119 only (only stuff she watchs are on 119) So I had two inputs from my 2 sw-21s off my old dish 500 dish and old dual lnbs. Called Dish to make sure tHat I could do this and activate new receiver without jepordizing my upcomming free install. Dish said NO PROBLEM. just to unhook everything before dish installer comes just too not confuse install. I had person make note on account that I called for ok.
Fired receiver up and suprisingly both switchs tested ok ( I get lots of bad switch lockups on one of them lately) Turned on programming and it immediatly downloaded new software for about 45 minutes. Now I am going to sit down and watch!
One feature I already like better then Voom box is that SD programming defautls to Stretch screen and does not look like a carnival mirror like with voom box! I do see that on my Sony xbr flat screen wega the component looks better then the DVI just like with voom box. I had always thought it was a motorola box thing. Oh well.

SimpleSimon said:
Why do you think they'd give him a DPP44? It's bloody unlikely.

Becasue that is what they gave me and I only have two recievers.
I simply told them they could not add another line into the house so they had no choice but to give me some sort of DPP product and seeing that they have more DPP44 switches than they do DPPTwins....the choice for them was easy.

DPP44 and dish free w/921

I had 3 5xx receivers and a quad LNB and added the 921 directly from Dishnet when they reduced the price. I called several times, and got a different answer pretty much every time. However, when you *finally* get somebody at Dishnet who has a clue what they're talking about, they acknowledge that it comes with free *installation*. Since I had a quad LNB and signed up for CBS HD (once they did the waiver) that meant they needed to install the 61.5 dish and a DPP44 switch at no cost. If you don't buy directly from Dish, you may not get this. As it turned out, they now have that splitter that allows for one feed from the LNB to split and feed both tuners on the 921. However, I now have two dishes feeding my DPP44 switch, which in turn has lines going to 2 508's, 1 510, and 1 921. The line going to the 921 has a splitter at the 921. All work great. No cost to me except for the purchase of the 921 at $549 and programming.

Simon You were correct. I talked to installer who is comming out now on Friday. He was going to just change out lnbs and use the 34switch. I told him I already have Voom and cband cables going over 75 feet to living room and I told hime Dish network rep said I did not need extra cable. He sounded kinda pissed and agreed to use dpp44 and said something to the effect of wishing DN rep kept his trap shut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts