What the *ell??? HD DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SHOCKEDHAWK

Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
What is the deal with the sporadic signal? I have 94% signal strength the drops to not aquired and continually repeats this process. It will register a signal for upwards 5-10 seconds then drops it again.

I've plugged two different (known to work fine) recievers into the same line with no signal drop what-so-ever. Is this another HD DVR service issue? I have the new one (H20-700) HELP!

This could be a line-of-sight issue, or a badly mounted dish, look for any trees that might be blowing in the wind in front of the dish, even a few leaves can do this, or just the tip of the tree, see if the dish is firmly installed and plumb, and that the LNB(s) are mounted securely to the dish.

Is this the only receiver on the setup? In fact describing your whole setup would help.

I've have the same set up for quite a while now. 2 yrs, When I upgraded to HD. Absolutely no problem until I set up the HD DVR. I've been running two recievers on this set up for 2+ years.

No line of site issues. Anyway, why would other recievers be completely fine if it was a line of site issue? Any help would be great.

I missed the part where you tried different receivers, now that I have seen it, I would say, it seems like you are asking a question that you already have the answer to.

Just got off the phone with DTV. They are sending a new reciever. Bad tuner? I dunno. One thing that was funny, WITHOUT a cable plugged into tuner2, the signal meter was telling me I was getting a signal! Can that possibly be right?:eek:

Are the recievers you check with (from the other rooms) HD or standard rec's.
A standard rec. will normally only need to see 1 sat, the HD rec.'s see 3 to 5 sats, it would be very possible for you to check with a standard rec. and have no problem, when you hook up the HD rec. it need to see more sats, if that is the case, I would think your dish may not ne aligned quite as good as it could be, therefore your not getting a perticular sat and the signal is dropping, maybe your close but not exactly pinpointed.
Try having someone in the house looking at the meter strengh and gently apply pressure on the dish , side to side and up and down and see if your signal improves, if so you'll know adjustments are needed.

Jimbo

The other recievers I tried are HD recievers and work great. I'll try the new one when it comes, poss. tomorrow.

Ah Ha! Hooked up the replacement reciever! Works great. No issues yet (fingers crossed).

Before sending back the other reciever, I did notice it was trying to locate the 72.5 degree sat. (local channel?)

Ah Ha! Hooked up the replacement reciever! Works great. No issues yet (fingers crossed).

Before sending back the other reciever, I did notice it was trying to locate the 72.5 degree sat. (local channel?)

72* is for locals, but the AT-9 if positioned corectly will not see that location,
only 99* to 119.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts