What the heck am i doing wrong...at9 install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

builder75

Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
I'm sure this question has been asked a few times before, but here i go. I can only get a signal on three even numbered, 26 28 30, transponders on the 101 and they are at 97. I get a signal on three transponders from the 110 and they are at 87. The rest of the 110's say n/a. I get nothing from the 119, but i have not adjusted the skew yet. It's my understanding that i need to peak the 101 on an odd number first, but i can only get evens to work. Any advise would be helpful.

Do you have any type of splitter in line, or are you doing a home run connection and using the receiver to tune in the dish? Are you using RG-6 cable or RG-59?

I would triple check the following: The mast is plumb, the dish is pointed correctly for your zip code, the presets for the dish are set correctly, all connectors are in good shape and don't have any braid around the center conductor, and if you have more than one receiver, I would check the signal strengths on them also.

EDIT: Forgot to add to double check your line of sight, especially for the 119. If you are using the presets off an H20 or HR20, you need to have a 5 degree window to the east and a 25 degree window to the west to ensure line of site. If you are using any other type of receiver to obtain your presets, then you could be pointing at the wrong sat.

I should have said was equiptment i was using. I have a h20, an hr20, and a wb68 switch. There was a dish network dish up so i just swapped out the two dishes. Mast is plumb and the connections look good. I have tried aquiring sat via both a direct line from the dish and from the switch. Both with the same result. I had never considered the thought of being lined up on the wrong sat. So i guess i could actually be lined up on the 110. I should also add that the h20 only shows the 101 signal in the mid 60's and doesn't show the 110 at all.

Last edited:
Dish installs are notorious for having splitters in line. If you could post pictures of the transponder strengths, it would help.

As far as the H20 goes, there is a software issue that causes all sats to read about 20% lower than what they actually are. If you are getting signal on the 101, it should just be a matter of peaking it in in all 3 directions (elevation, azimuth, and tilt)

I'm sure this question has been asked a few times before, but here i go. I can only get a signal on three even numbered, 26 28 30, transponders on the 101 and they are at 97. I get a signal on three transponders from the 110 and they are at 87. The rest of the 110's say n/a. I get nothing from the 119, but i have not adjusted the skew yet. It's my understanding that i need to peak the 101 on an odd number first, but i can only get evens to work. Any advise would be helpful.

You are almost certainly pointing at the wrong satellite. Probably at 110.

What the heck am i doing wrong---at9 install

I should have said was equiptment i was using. I have a h20, an hr20, and a wb68 switch. There was a dish network dish up so i just swapped out the two dishes. Mast is plumb and the connections look good. I have tried aquiring sat via both a direct line from the dish and from the switch. Both with the same result. I had never considered the thought of being lined up on the wrong sat. So i guess i could actually be lined up on the 110. I should also add that the h20 only shows the 101 signal in the mid 60's and doesn't show the 110 at all.

Does the Dish mast have the same OD as the D* mast for the at9?

If it doesn't you'll never be able to get the skew right/to stay set even if you do get it right (temporarily).

Just a thought.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How much clearance is needed?

Yet Another "Slimline" Install Question - Tilt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)