What the hell is going on?!!!!

CastleGrayskull

Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
I am beginning to wonder what the purpose of having a DVR is. Sunday I set up a timer to record NBA Hardwood Classics on Monday morning on my 522. My brother set a timer for the same event on his 522 as well.

We are in two different states.

Neither one of our timers fired up. :mad: And this has been happening on occasion with both of ours, but this is the first time that the same event on two different receivers refused to record leading me to believe it's more than just an issue with a certain box.

AAAAAAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted this yesterday:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, 10:32 AM
toddski

My 522 Hates Desperate Housewives
For the last few weeks or so, the timer we set to record Desperate Housewives has failed to start. The Event history says the episode was recorded but it's nowhere to be found on the Disk.

I tried deleting and recreating a new timer. That didn't work. Last night, the timer didn't start at 9 so I manually recorded the episode. The little red light came on, the DVR said it was recording, so I thought we were okay.

Imagine my surprise when I went to check the DVR this morning and noticed that there was no episode of DH recorded. The even history was even missing.

This has also happened with episodes of E.R. Has anyone else had problems like this? Is there any way to resolve it other than switching to Comcast or Direct TV?
I've tried rebooting, different types of timer, ALL, NEW, DishPass, Manual. None seem to work. Are ABC (Di$ney) or Dish reaching down the phone line and stopping it from recording and even deleting recoded events?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems to me as though a recent software upgrade has busted the timers somehow. Only new timers seem affected, older timers work fine.

I say work but I meant worked as yesterday my 522 reformatted the hard drive all by itself and wiped everything. I'd lock your timers and shows you don't want to lose if I were you.

Your 522's are now junk, call dish and see about trading them in, up or down, to get working units. They scream "problem" to me lately, get rid of them

...I am beginning to wonder what the purpose of having a DVR is...
...I say work but I meant worked as yesterday my 522 reformatted the hard drive all by itself and wiped everything. I'd lock your timers and shows you don't want to lose if I were you...
Two years ago I was in the same boat... flakey Dish DVR, ate all my recordings, new software downloads meant new surprises, etc. I had been a E* customer since 1996 but said enough was enough - I moved to DirecTV and my DirecTivos have been ultra-stable and have never failed to record a show. I now have 3 of them, all hacked with larger hard drives, multiroom viewing (watch program from box "A" on box "B"), web interface (that I can access from Internet), $4.99 DVR fee for as many DTivos as I have on my account (not per box), etc. The DirecTivos, with the exception of the newest R10 DVR, are very hackable.

I'm not trying to torque anyone off with this post, but I'm just suggesting that there are alternatives - my change to D* was a good one, your mileage may vary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts