What the...???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok last night I was using my 722K. I noticed that my 7 year old son had set a timer on the DVR and everytime the "Sweet Life of Zack and Cody" came on the DVR would record.

I had 40+ episodes recorded.

So I went in and removed the timer so it wouldn't record anymore. Then I went into my DVR listing and there was the folder with all the Sweet Life episodes in it.

I then went into that folder where I could see all 40+ episodes, and selected "Select all" which checked the boxes for all episodes of the Sweet Life, then clicked DELETE.

It said it was deleting and when it was done I was taken to the main DVR listings screen only to find that EVERYTHING on my DVR had been wiped off of it, not just the Sweet Life.

Has this happened to anyone else? I was in the correct folder not in the main folkder, so why was everything deleted?

Happened to us when we were dish noobies. Forgot what the show was, but my wife was complaining about going into each and every episode to delete them individually. Being Mr Tech Savvy Man, I said, just hit the "delete all". She asked, won't it kill everything on the DVR. Pompous as ever, I said "Nah" took the remote and (accientally) purged the DVR :( She was rewarded with a "you were right, how many times can I tell you I'm sorry for not listening to you!"

You can do a more organized batch delete using remote access, though...

(ed: and I was in the show folder as well.... perhaps there should be some "this is the DVR wiper, are you sure" warning.)

Scott,
I've seen it posted many times that select all selects everything not just the group you are in.

I did the same thing about a week after I had my 622 eons ago.... Everyone seems to make that mistake ONCE.

I agree that it is a colossally stupid design feature though.

Right up there with watching a program an an external hard drive and then forcing you to go back to the beginning of the list instead of taking you to where the program you just watched was.... When I am looking through programs in a folder looking for a particular episode I hate holding down page down forever to get back....

Yes, I'm afraid that a lot of us learned about this "feature" the hard way! Fortunately for me, I did this on the first or 2nd day after receiving the 722 so that I did not lose much. I bet that you won't do that again! :)

I seem to remember that this bug was reported as soon as folders were rolled out.

I had assumed they would've fixed it. Apparently not.

Then again, I would also have assumed that they would immediately fix other things that never should've rolled out because they defy all common sense, like the satellite tuners caring whether the OTA tuner loses lock.

These are the sorts of thing that should be asked of Charlie when talking to him face to face.

These are the sorts of thing that should be asked of Charlie when talking to him face to face.

Charlie is not the guy to talk tech to, in talking to him I get the feeling that he don't watch to much TV or is dangerous with a remote control in his hands.

I know he has asked me in the past how to do things on his companies receivers as he didn't know. :)

Yeah, I do that quite often too - select all in a group and delete. It's never messed up like that, yet. Although I'm learning with the 722K there's a first time for everything... :\

Overall a good DVR, but it really needs some bug fixes...

i will report this if i can duplicate it. oh wait, that would mean losing all my recorded stuff. uh, i think i better hold off on that...

My newly activated external drive.. deleted ONE show, just ONE!!

It somehow deleted everything on the internal drive:(

and my 722 gives me lost sat cause of OTA airplane flutter

Its only a feature is its listed in the Manual. ;)
It's an undocumented feature! :)

All means "all". :) Sorry Scott. What there should be is in the edit mode, the ability to delete the folder from the main listings and that would take care of the confusion.

And at the very least, when selecting "Delete All" the message should tell you that you are about to erase everything on the hard drive

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)