What the...???

Yeah, I did that to The Shield.... Luckily they had it on sale for $10 at Best Buy that year I did it as a doorbuster on Black Friday...

Ok last night I was using my 722K. I noticed that my 7 year old son had set a timer on the DVR and everytime the "Sweet Life of Zack and Cody" came on the DVR would record.

I had 40+ episodes recorded.
Yep my 7 year old daughter does the same thing to my 622, Record all I-Carly and all Sweet life.
I go to my bedroom and the 622 is recording on both tuners for hours.
Drives me nuts.:)
I just delete them . Click on the show, "sweet life"
Press Edit, and then you can "select all" and Delete.

That stinks. Not sure if this works on the 622. I've never tried it and don't think I will. Thanks for the heads up.

I too have deleted everything by mistake. Not clear whether it's a bug when it does this, or pilot error. Here's the deal. If you enter Edit mode at the root menu, then enter a folder and Select All, you are in fact selecting everything, not just what's in that folder. If, on the other hand, you enter the folder first, then enter Edit mode, you can Select All and it will only select those programs in that one folder. Try it, you'll like it.

I completely agree that there should be a double or triple pop up asking whether you really want to delete all 496 programs on your DVR. Of course it doesn't do that.

Thank god that hasnt happened to me, I bet what happened was although the folder was opened showing all the SL episodes it selected ALL meaning all recordings even outside the folder. Thats my only guess.

Here's the deal. If you enter Edit mode at the root menu, then enter a folder and Select All, you are in fact selecting everything, not just what's in that folder. If, on the other hand, you enter the folder first, then enter Edit mode, you can Select All and it will only select those programs in that one folder.
Good diagnosis, Dish really should fix this.

i wish the 612 could delete more than one show at a time

You can, just select edit when you are on the screen that shows your recordings and then select the ones you want to delete. Once you select the first show you want to delete the button becomes active and then you just keep selecting the shows you want to get rid of and then hit delete.

Glad I did not do this on my 612, I almost did but decided against the select all option while I was in one of my groups. Although it does work when say I have several episodes of a program and I forgot to set it to a group, when I select all when in that folder and then add to group only those are selected and added. But I am not about to test it with deleting, lol, and end up with everything gone.

Charlie is not the guy to talk tech to, in talking to him I get the feeling that he don't watch to much TV or is dangerous with a remote control in his hands.

I know he has asked me in the past how to do things on his companies receivers as he didn't know. :)

That's discouraging. But, he should still be responsible for what goes on in his company.

Never had that happen on my dvrs. I have select folders set up for all my shows and when I delete I go to those folders and delete shows in that folder using "select all " with no problems.

folder names:

Daytime tv
Films
Home Decore tv
Late night tv
News tv
Primetime tv
Sci-fi tv

Yeah I have not had any issues either, whether it be in a folder created by the 722k (name of the show for example) or a custom group folder I created. I've selected all in each kind and deleted them, and never had an issue. Wonder what makes one 722k different from another that they would behave so differently (assuming identical software versions).

You can, just select edit when you are on the screen that shows your recordings and then select the ones you want to delete. Once you select the first show you want to delete the button becomes active and then you just keep selecting the shows you want to get rid of and then hit delete.

Bingo!

Scott- What I saw missing from your post is selecting the edit button to be able to "select all" and then click on "delete" This couild be labeled "delete selected" IMO to be more clear on what is being deleted.

I have done it both ways consistently. Delete all from the hard drive including what's in the folders and delete all within a folder without deleting the others. When inside a folder to see just those shows, usually all with the same name, select edit first then "select all" or use the quick select as described above, but DO NOT select "delete all" That is what you did wrong, I'm sure of it. This way delete will delete what is selected, not all on the hard drive. Hope this helps from one who has used this many times, consistently and even a couple times since having the 722K here for a week.

I wonder would happen if, instead of deleting 40 at once, you were to edit the timer so that it keeps a max of 2 episodes. When it records the show the next time it's on, will it delete all but one and the one it's recording?? I use the max limit on a lot of my timers for kids shows.

thanks and to think all this time i have been deleting shows one by one

I wonder would happen if, instead of deleting 40 at once, you were to edit the timer so that it keeps a max of 2 episodes. When it records the show the next time it's on, will it delete all but one and the one it's recording?? I use the max limit on a lot of my timers for kids shows.
Didn't work for me on my 722. I do that often and it still keeps the overflow. I usually go and manually delete a bunch of them to get it under the limit of what I want.

They should edit what the popup says when it asks if you are sure if you want to delete these events. Instead it should say if you are sure if you want to delete all of the events stored on the hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts