What time Espn2 HD COMING ON??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The info that came with my bill just said it will be available 9/8. Hopefully by the time I get home from work tomorrow :).

I would imagine that whether it is tomorrow or Friday, ESPN2HD will get turned on when the college football game comes on which is 7pm tomorrow and 8pm Friday.

FWIW, the info in my bill also said the 8th.

Glad it actually got turned on when they said it would. Always glad to get a new HD channel even if they don't show a lot of HD, but I will enjoy some college football.

Now the question for me is will we get any other HD prior to MPEG4 or not? We still got 2 channels to fill in the 70s section, I hate seeing them go to waste, TNTHD would fit nice on ch75 & ch77 could have OLNHD for the upcoming Hockey Season perhaps or maybe something like StarzHD.

jamielee said:
scan thru the ESPN2 HD listings, hardly any HD content, 2 or 3 shows a day if you are lucky, what a waste !
GIVE US TNT HD!!!

I predicted this reaction, which will be the same when we get TNT-HD.
Other than sports, TNT-HD seems to have the same threads dedicated to it about the lack of HD programming.
The fact is that there is just not enough 'interesting' content in HD yet. It's the classic chicken and egg problem. Programmers aren't making the investment until there is enough of a base, subs aren't investing until there is enough programming. 12-18 months from now, we'll be starting to see real HD programming, from other than the major nets. Until then, we'll want what doesn't really exist.
That being said, I'm glad that we have EPSN2-HD and look forward to TNT-HD, but I'm keeping my expectations VERY low for both.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts