What to do with legacy equipment

Tech#344

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Pardeeville W.I.
Ever since I started my DishNetwork retailership I have been collecting legacy equipment and it has grown to be quite a sizable pile. I dislike the idea of just throwing it all away but it is taking up too much space in my back room and I have been informed by my partners that it is my responsibility to deal with the pile. Dose any one have any good ideas for what to do with it all?

Here in Jacksonville, I can sit stuff like that out by the curb and it will all be gone in about 2 hours. Scavengers to my rescue! Makes them happy.

Ever since I started my DishNetwork retailership I have been collecting legacy equipment and it has grown to be quite a sizable pile. I dislike the idea of just throwing it all away but it is taking up too much space in my back room and I have been informed by my partners that it is my responsibility to deal with the pile. Dose any one have any good ideas for what to do with it all?

join the installers forum here and offer it to the members there, someone may be interested......

I just retired from Dish Network as a Dr.Dish agent. Did you replace the legacy equipment with more modern receivers? You can send it back through retail services, or sell it on ebay. Believe it or not they are fetching a decent price. Some people collect old junk I guess. But the reciever must not have an associated balance due from the customer you got it from. For upgrades from legacy the customer can go througha retailer upgrade or call dish network to upgrade. We were giving free upgrades to 311's, 322/s etc. So have the customer call Dish Network's new # on their bill for a free upgrade. The upgrade does requires a 2 year committment to stay with Dish Network, just like they would have to commit for 2 years if they switched to direct TV.

I just retired from Dish Network as a Dr.Dish agent. Did you replace the legacy equipment with more modern receivers? You can send it back through retail services, or sell it on ebay. Believe it or not they are fetching a decent price. Some people collect old junk I guess. But the reciever must not have an associated balance due from the customer you got it from. For upgrades from legacy the customer can go througha retailer upgrade or call dish network to upgrade. We were giving free upgrades to 311's, 322/s etc. So have the customer call Dish Network's new # on their bill for a free upgrade. The upgrade does requires a 2 year committment to stay with Dish Network, just like they would have to commit for 2 years if they switched to direct TV.

Where is this Dr. Dish number on the statement?

I just retired from Dish Network as a Dr.Dish agent. Did you replace the legacy equipment with more modern receivers? You can send it back through retail services, or sell it on ebay. Believe it or not they are fetching a decent price. Some people collect old junk I guess. But the receiver must not have an associated balance due from the customer you got it from. For upgrades from legacy the customer can go through a retailer upgrade or call dish network to upgrade. We were giving free upgrades to 311's, 322/s etc. So have the customer call Dish Network's new # on their bill for a free upgrade. The upgrade does requires a 2 year commitment to stay with Dish Network, just like they would have to commit for 2 years if they switched to direct TV.

I know that, I am a retailer. Why would you upgrade them to a 311 or 322 when dish dose free upgrades to 211's and 222's also? I don't have much for legacy receivers it is mostly LNBs and the receivers I do have are ones the customers had from when they had dish years ago or they got from a friend or the like, and probably have a outstanding balance.

P.S. Unless some wants to come and pick them up I am not going to sell them because the shipping from here is outrageous and I don't Know why.

Last edited:
P.S. Unless some wants to come and pick them up I am not going to sell them the shipping from here is outrageous and I don't Know why.

damn too far for me to drive from Minneapolis. Also I didnt know there was a legit town named "pardeeville". I thought it was a mythical place like "places men fear to tread" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)