What to do?

mmmason23

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Marquette,mi
I am a former dish customer. I had to cancel due to line of sight issues. Believe it or not they didn't charge me ETF. Anyway, when I cancelled they said I would receive boxes and shipping labels for my equipment. I waited a couple of weeks and nothing. So I called and asked again and the CSR said my equipment was owned, which it was not. I told him that and he said I would get the stuff. I didn't get anything. It has now been three months since I cancelled and nothing. My online account shows no money owed, the only option is to restart service. What should I do? Do you think I am free to sell this equipment? I have a 722k and a 1000.2 lnb.

lol keep it for a few more months then sell it, if they can't keep records correctly then I say the hell with em cause God knows if they were messed up and said you had 4 722's they would bring a lawyer in to get them from you if need be!

Wouldn't the OP be better off doing a "chat" and having the email proof of what a CSR told 'em? I've seen on this forum too many times "... the CSR said" not count for much.

Phil

Really ?

We hear that [line of site] excuse all the time from Dish - Direct - Starband - Wild blue - Hughes net, their contractors get to little $ and don't have the pride. Never found we could not make work > out of about 10 thousand systems . A number of them in Yosemite valley, also our area is heavily timbered with 100 - 150 ' pines sometimes it takes a couple of dishes ! come on they can't find an 18 to 25 " hole to the sky ? GEEZ
mad.gif

I am a former dish customer. I had to cancel due to line of sight issues. Believe it or not they didn't charge me ETF. Anyway, when I cancelled they said I would receive boxes and shipping labels for my equipment. I waited a couple of weeks and nothing. So I called and asked again and the CSR said my equipment was owned, which it was not. I told him that and he said I would get the stuff. I didn't get anything. It has now been three months since I cancelled and nothing. My online account shows no money owed, the only option is to restart service. What should I do? Do you think I am free to sell this equipment? I have a 722k and a 1000.2 lnb.

I'm actually surprised that they let me out too. The system worked during the winter, but once the leaves came back it wouldn't work anymore. They could make it work with two, but my landlord wouldn't let them put up another dish. I ordered from a local retailer and they worked with me to get me out since I turned around and ordered d* from them

I'm actually surprised that they let me out too. The system worked during the winter, but once the leaves came back it wouldn't work anymore. They could make it work with two, but my landlord wouldn't let them put up another dish. I ordered from a local retailer and they worked with me to get me out since I turned around and ordered d* from them

First off never, never, never call and speak to a CSR. As is often stated in this forum you may get several different answers to the same question, and of course if they are the wrong answer you have no recourse if there is no transcript. Always use chat when it comes to resolving any problem that may ultimately cost or save you money.
I would do a chat and ask for the box to be sent for the receiver. If the CSR says it is not leased leave it at that. Save the Chat and e-mail it to your self, then print it and don't loose it. If an internal Dish audit determines that you should have sent the receiver back and you sell it you need to have a record that states you were told they weren't leased. Having said that even though they ask for the LNB if it is "out of your reach" you just tell the CSR that and if Dish really wants it they will send a tech for it.

I am surprised that they let you out of the commitment over line of sight, especially leaves, did dish install the dish to begin with? I'm surprised they didn't send a tech out to move it....

Good luck

Ross

Legally, dish owns the equipment no matter what it says in their computer. If they somehow discover their error and fix those records, you could end up being screwed after you've sold the equipment.

I'd do as others mentioned and send an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com and get them to take it back no matter what. Insist that they provide you written proof that they took back the equipment and file it in your records.

You don't want the kind of mess that Dish could potentially create (even if it's unlikely). You have the opportunity to sort it out early and move on.

If the receiver is obsolete (not non-functional, but not offered anymore) they will tell you you own it. They did that with my second receiver when I dropped some equipment. I never bought any of my equipment, except for dishes.

Dish will let you out of the contract if they cannot provide/restore the service at the original service address. If the system only works in the winter due to no LOS, it never should have been installed.

They usually don't if you move to a location in the middle of the contract that has no line of sight.

So it's been 6 months now and no boxes or shipping labels have come for my equipment. I have both called and did online chat and still nothing. Do you think I'm safe to sell my 722k? Anyone interested?

Its amazing to see how many people seem to have the attitude literally stealing from a company seems to be ok if they can rationalize it away. Recall Dish owns the equipment. By what right does anyone have to sell something that they don't own? What's the difference between that and someone walking into a person's house, borrowing a tv (with that party's permission) and then selling it? And how hard is it to call Dish to ask for a shipping box??? Ethics obviously are on the wane these days.

Taylork said:
Its amazing to see how many people seem to have the attitude literally stealing from a company seems to be ok if they can rationalize it away. Recall Dish owns the equipment. By what right does anyone have to sell something that they don't own? What's the difference between that and someone walking into a person's house, borrowing a tv (with that party's permission) and then selling it? And how hard is it to call Dish to ask for a shipping box??? Ethics obviously are on the wane these days.

Did you read the thread or did you just jump straight to the holier than thou act? He has called numerous time and even had a cha session where DISH told him that he owns it. But somhow you know more then him? Its not stealing if the company that gave you the equipment says you own it.

Did you read the thread or did you just jump straight to the holier than thou act? He has called numerous time and even had a cha session where DISH told him that he owns it. But somhow you know more then him? Its not stealing if the company that gave you the equipment says you own it.

No, please take the time to reread his post, where he clearly stated that the equipment was not his. Call me old school, but I personally don't believe that an error on the part of Dish (or anyone, for that matter) in essence justifies an expectation that it is OK to rip off the company. Just because it is a company- whose agents made a human or other error- doesn't change the fact, which he clearly stated, that the equipment was NOT his. That is my point. Enough.

What do you suggest I do then? I'm not wasting one more minute of my time in this. Three calls and a chat session and still nothing. If they want their equipment back send me something. I'm not paying anything to send it back.

I suggest you simply stow that receiver away and when/if they want it back they will send you a box. You have stated that you didn't buy the box. They said it's yours. If you didn't buy it, it isn't yours no matter what they said. If you didn't buy it, you're not out a thing. Why worry about it????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)