What to point at?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigjnsa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
I got the FedEx confirmation from SGA for my 31" dish (thanks guys!!!) it'll be delivered Friday. So, I'm curious what I should point at for now for testing. I know about the different birds available. Is there an easy one to point to that is always working and has a strong signal?
Thanks for any tips!

My favourite satellite has become G10R, I really enjoy the old tv series on the RTN stations as well as the network channels available without moving the dish. There are other satellites for news feeds, but for english language programming of RTN, FOX, WB, UPN, and ABC on Ku band, G10R has to be the satellite of choice.

I found IA6 for the first time on sunday.I have seen only a few news feeds and I check often with a blind scan.How many are usually up there at any given time ?

depends on time of day

best time is about 5 minutes before the top of the news hours
(I start at 6 Central and usually try at 6,7,8PM)

alot of them might be there for maybe 5 minutes

john green said:
I found IA6 for the first time on sunday.I have seen only a few news feeds and I check often with a blind scan.How many are usually up there at any given time ?

Do your scanning from 4-6pm eastern. I manged to lock in probably 6 or 8 in one afternoon. Lyngsat has many more than that listed. I've been stuck on T5 since then so I don't know the full potential.

But generically speaking do you scans when they do news and you'll get more.

EDIT: Sorry Ice, I walked away from the window and by the time I came back and answered, you sorta already did.

EDIT 2: When I said "locked them in" I meant locked in known "channels" they use for feeds. As Ice said, they may only use a channel for 5 minutes at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts