What Happened to Everybody?

One problem is TV pretty much sucks anymore for me. Not much worth watching. I have sdr's and other listening devices. I turned my twelve footer into a collector with easy to swap antennas at the feed point for radio signals. My 10 footer is still for C-Band but do not play with it much. The 1.2 channel master is still on Ku, but never use it.

I agree with what others have said, and part of the problem is while C band still has some good channels that can be had, not everyone has a place for a C band dish. As well, in the past few years, whereas before a six or eight footer would have probably been sufficient, now you really need a much larger dish to catch most of it. If you didn't have room for a 6 or 8 footer, you definitely don't have room for a larger dish. And, as noted above, finding a larger dish is even more difficult than it was.

On the Ku side, which I have only ever had, each year gets worse and worse, and the pickings are getting mighty thin. Only area which seems to still be thriving is the Spanish channels. Unfortunately, unless they have English on a secondary audio track, I am out of luck!

Recently, I have been going over my notes that I have made since my first foray into FTA in 2006. Besides the loss of some really great channels that could be had on Ku, is the loss of the news wild feeds we use to get (as well as the sports feeds). I made one note on April 17 2007 about the massacre at Virginia Tech, and had found approximately 75 (yes 75) news feeds on just three satellite (72, 79, and 91) with others feeds on other satellites (not as great a number). Those days are long gone. Don't know the last time I saw a wild feed of a car chase or a fire on Ku!

Also, and it shows by the above, we have lost many satellite positions that use to have channels or feeds on them. Besides the three mentioned above, 72, 79, and 91, I can add to the list 74, 83, 85, 89, 93, 95, 121, 125, and 127. As well, the satellite fleet for Ku satellites is aging fast, and few are being replaced. Not good!

But I am sure I will be there (and here) until the end!

EDIT: added 127 to the list of lost satellite positions.
i miss 83

It's just too much to maintain and buy. I could get a Fire Stick for 40 bucks or an ONN for half that and I could watch the same channels on there without much effort (and for free via Pluto, Xumo, Roku, etc.). Theres nothing on FTA channels that is worth spending big bucks for equipment and running lines and maintaining said equipment. It's a gigantic hobby for someone my age (29) to have.

I respect those who gets into this but as I get older and older, I find that it doesn't make any sense to get into this

It's just too much to maintain and buy. I could get a Fire Stick for 40 bucks or an ONN for half that and I could watch the same channels on there without much effort (and for free via Pluto, Xumo, Roku, etc.). Theres nothing on FTA channels that is worth spending big bucks for equipment and running lines and maintaining said equipment. It's a gigantic hobby for someone my age (29) to have.

I respect those who gets into this but as I get older and older, I find that it doesn't make any sense to get into this
I wish I was 29 again.

I started playing with FTA maybe 12 years ago. At that time, this FTA forum was heavy with many posts. I was always learning new things from others.

Has everybody died or are they just quiet and no longer posting? Or worse...lost interest in this activity? Where are the newcomers? Did we scare them all away?
I'm still here. I haven't been posting a lot over time but I am just looking at some posts on here. There's still a lot information that is very useful.