what type of dish will i get

skihoodoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
I am getting a new dish so i can receive sat 118.7 ALSO 1000 DO NOT WORK IN MY AREA
So i would like to know what type of dish i will get
current setup
zip 97322
dish500 pointed at 110/119 Dishpro Plus Twin LNBF
and a dish pointed at 129:mad: unkown size dual LNBF
1 vip 722
1 vip 612

cannt anyone give me the measurements for the dpp44 so that i can create a space for it to go on so it does not get put on the house

Actual unit is about 7X8 and 2 1/2 inches deep, but you need to leave room in three sides for cable connections.

no installer i have EVER met (and I was one) has EVER put a DPP44 switch on the back of a dish
depends.....Not on the back of the dish..But in some cases, attach it to the mast.
We are in a debate about this. The DNS QC guy failed a job because the switch was at the dish.
In some cases , the location of the dish combined with the size of the house, we'd have to run sometimes hundreds of feet of cable. That's not happening. The guys that pay for their cable are pretty furious about it. Our people are going to have a conversation wioth the DNS office mgment about this.
Quite frankly the only explanation DNS has given for their desire to place the switch on the bldg is "because"....
IMO there is no logical sound reason to mandate location of the switch. I don't buy the opinion that the switch must be located after the GND block. Why?..
I told my supervisor that if we had to follow this policy that is was a "deal breaker"....I cannot afford the cable or the the expense of time for this. I will simply refuse 44 switch jobs or if that's not an option, get out of fulfillment work. It's that simple.

depends.....Not on the back of the dish..But in some cases, attach it to the mast.
We are in a debate about this. The DNS QC guy failed a job because the switch was at the dish.
In some cases , the location of the dish combined with the size of the house, we'd have to run sometimes hundreds of feet of cable. That's not happening. The guys that pay for their cable are pretty furious about it. Our people are going to have a conversation wioth the DNS office mgment about this.
Quite frankly the only explanation DNS has given for their desire to place the switch on the bldg is "because"....
IMO there is no logical sound reason to mandate location of the switch. I don't buy the opinion that the switch must be located after the GND block. Why?..
I told my supervisor that if we had to follow this policy that is was a "deal breaker"....I cannot afford the cable or the the expense of time for this. I will simply refuse 44 switch jobs or if that's not an option, get out of fulfillment work. It's that simple.

I agree... I put it on the mast a lot of times. Most customers would rather it anyway... it is fairly easy to hide 2 coax from the dish into the house to the receivers, 4 wires gets a little harder.
Plus I like if I need to tweak the dish, I can pull the wire right there off of the switch instead of having to pull it off the lnbs

just got it installed

the first picture is of my dish 500+ the dish just at the edge of the picture is a 24 inch dish at 129
second picture is the switch

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 173
no installer i have EVER met (and I was one) has EVER put a DPP44 switch on the back of a dish

lol. Come up to MI. Every sub 1000+ has the 44sw on the dish or mast.

I completely understand that it saves a metric asston of cable, but when I roll up to a TC or CH, I have to re-install it... and that spells good times for 12 points :rolleyes:. Especially if there is no basement or crawlspace... then you have to turn into a freaking artist on your drip loops into 2 GB's and then into your now re-located 44sw. (heaven forbid your loops are bigger/smaller than 4", failed QAS anyone?)

Good times, indeed.

If they let you go with the HD only package, Corporate would probably build the work order to still be a 1000+ dish, because at some point you may want to add your locals (110) ... HD locals (sat depends on area, 118.7 in Detroit), or any of the other mpeg2 SD programming (119). Corporate will build it as such to cover any upgrade possibilities in the future.

However, when the installer shows up, they have a small amount of leeway as to what you can have installed. Some may put up 2 x 500 with 61.5 or 129 on the wing... Most will opt to do whatever is on the work order, though. ;)

If i order just the HD channel package for 29.99 a month what kind of dish will they install?
That depends largely on where you live and if your HD locals are available (they will generally set you up to receive them even if you don't subscribe). For most of the continental US, it would be a Dish 1000.2. If you live in the deep Southern or Northeastern US, it might be two Dish500's. Up here in the Pacific Northwet, it is a Dish500 and a 24" dish for 129W.

I called them yesterday and they said it would be fine to order just the hd package for 29.99 a month, three months for free with a 24 month commentment, i think i will pass on that part of it though. Fourty-five hd channels at that price seems more than fair, i already get my locals in hd with just some rabbit ears. I hope they only put up one dish. Minneapolis area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts