What upgrade options to HD DVR? Help!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Iceman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Georgia
I have a VIP211 and an old 7200 Dishplayer. I subscribe to the 250 plus HD package. Obviously, the 211 is going to our HD tv and the 7200 is going to our SD tv. We are about to replace the SD with a HD tv, so now we will have two HD tvs and only one HD receiver. Being that we are current Dish customers, what are our options? I would like to get the HD DVR receiver. Getting the same answer from a Dish CSR is non existant. Does anyone know what options I can get and what prices or additionial $ will it costs?

Through Dish'n-it-up promo (according to the Dish website today):

Select an HD-DVR for two rooms of service (or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV)

$99.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($149.00 upfront credit card payment)

They haven't changed the web site.

The Dishn It Up Bonus rebate is now $100.

You can use that IF it is 12 months or more since your last Dishn It Up.

According to Dish, I would pay them $149 up front, then they would give me a credit on my bill for $100, making this deal only $49 out of pocket. If the deal ended here, no problem. But the CSR said in addition to me paying the $149, I would have to pay a lease fee of $10 or so a month. ?????? So, am I buying or leasing here? I told the CSR I am not going to do both (pay up front and pay additional $ every month for a receiver). Does this CSR have the details of this promo correct?

Is there any other way or any other deals for existing customers?

But the CSR said in addition to me paying the $149, I would have to pay a lease fee of $10 or so a month.

To clarify, the CSR said I would be paying a monthly $6 lease fee for the receiver PLUS a $5 monthly DVR fee for a total of $11 extra a month on top of my current charges. That would be putting me at $100 a month for tv service! What a ripoff!

No way around the lease fee, but you should be able to lose the DVR fee if you switched to the newer "DVR Advantage" package. It is available with AT250.

The 149 is not you buying the receiver, think of it as the drive off you pay on a car lease.
if you want to buy go to dishstore or one of the other sites, they are selling for 499. you then avoid the lease fee but not the dvr fee. unless you follow one of the other options proposed above.

Doesn't the $100 credit start August 15th?

I believe I was wrong, please disregard.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)