What was ur favorite 5 Voom channels?

What do you mean?:confused: Looks like the OP asked a question to everyone.

Incorrect, if you read carefully he asked (implicitly) of those that were interested in watching voom which 5 did you like best. He did not feel that the five that Dish picked were correct. So it is not open for everyone. If you did not like it, then you have very little to contribute to the thread. If you had only one that you liked, just post that and that will be the end of it. We don't need to read the same post over again when the OP did not ask whether or not you like or dislike the Voom channels.

+1 as subscribers I'd say we have just as much of a right to give our opinions as the Guys that are in love with Voom. Cause we don't love it we're wrong! What a surprise.:rolleyes:

It's as easy as not watching the channel then isn't it? How many channels out of your package do you NEVER watch? Maybe they should turn all of those off also.

Incorrect, if you read carefully he asked (implicitly) of those that were interested in watching voom which 5 did you like best. He did not feel that the five that Dish picked were correct. So it is not open for everyone. If you did not like it, then you have very little to contribute to the thread. If you had only one that you liked, just post that and that will be the end of it. We don't need to read the same post over again when the OP did not ask whether or not you like or dislike the Voom channels.

I see no mention of this in his question.:confused: It doesn't say "only those interested in Voom answer:.

My top five:

WorldCinema (the absolute best one!)
FilmFest (recently merged with WorldCinema)
Rave (the best music channel ever)
WorldSport (for it's live coverage of Spanish League soccer)
Ultra (my wife's most favorite channel on Dish)

It's as easy as not watching the channel then isn't it? How many channels out of your package do you NEVER watch? Maybe they should turn all of those off also.
Its about having space filled up with channels with very little content. If Voom was gone months ago, Maybe we all would have gotten a channel or two in the last 6 months ,Maybe some of us could have gotten some HD locals.

I watch the networks, the ESPN channels, my RSN's, Speed, History, SciFi, Discovery, The Weather Channel, Headline News, and American Chopper on TLC. If the rest were turned off, it wouldn't matter to me as far as what I watch. If these were turned off, though, I'd be upset, which is why I said I respect those who did watch the Voom channels.

Folks calm down or vacations will be given.

Remember its only TV. :)

Different folks like different shows and different channels, for some the loss of VOOM is a big loss, for others its a blessing. Ther are no right or wrong answers, again its just TV's.

Please be good to one another as you guys are our best resource. :)

Thanks!

FilmFest festival
Monster
GamePlay
Worldsport (la Liga Games)
Equator

I also was starting to like the new channel the VoomMovies channel.

Can't ya just feel the love in here. :)

I liked Equator a lot; but to be honest, once Discover HD came around and NatGeo, I haven't watched it as much.

Monster and Equator are the only two I watch. I really like Monster. I watched Filmfest when they had the James Bond marathon a long time ago though.

I think that many of the VOOM channels could be worthwhile. Some of them were non-starters for me.

DOA: Worldsport, HD News, Family Room (The Flipper Channel?), Animania, Game Play

Keepers: Rush, Rave, Kung Fu, Monsters, Film Fest

Salvageable with more content: Gallery, Equator, Treasure, Movies, Ultra

I suppose that I should note that a lot of the Rave Sound Stage content was available elsewhere and Smithsonian is supposed to be carrying some Rush content.

I think it comes down to keeping what you can't get elsewhere in HD and that places Monsters and Kung Fu high on the list. Chiller doesn't sound like it is going to replace Monsters any time soon and the premium movie channels don't seem to understand choreographed martial arts in favor of Jean Claude Van Damme and the occasional Jet Li crime thriller.

Rush and Rave both need much more new content or they will likely be replaced by the likes of ESPN2 and MHD.

I usually just watched:

Monster (I've got everything i need DVR'd)
Treasure (Only show was Treasure Divers..really cool stuff..even though i never saw them find anything...lol)
Gameplay although it was mostly Hitman 2 blood money so i didn't watch it much.
Rush/Rave good for watching while drinking!

Only time i really watched any of these channels was when there wasn't anything else on. So It's sad to seem them go b/c they did have a good rage of material, just was repeated way too much.

I just want my Locals, and i could really care less what happens..DirectTV has them in my area..But i love the dish DVR so i'll stay for a while longer!:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)