What will be said on tonight's Tech Chat?

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
What do you think will be said on tonight's Tech Chat?

SuperDish rolled out one time Nov 1? Delayed?

811 and 921 rolled out Nov 1 or delayed?

Some "deals" on SuperDish and the new receivers for existing subscribers?

A demo of 811 and 921?

What do you think? (or know for those on the "inside") :)

More importantly, how many times do you think Dave and Mark will use the word "so" to begin each thought, transition segments, or just as filler when they don't know what else to say?

I think that tonight's chat will be very informative. Hopefully there won't be a lot of delays but being a long time DISH subscriber I wouldn't be too suprised is we see delays in some things. It seems that DISH has a lot of things going on right now and, in some cases, they have been very hard pressed to meet their own deadlines.

DISH has been getting a lot of flack on the tech forums for about the past year or so (for example, the "buying a TV" show and the L-O-N-G guest spots). Many say that they have not been nearly informative as they once were (when Mike Dugan was in charge) and other people have complained about how few customer calls and e-mails they take (and those are HIGHLY screened). I hope that DISH has got the message and will change the forums back to the informational programs that they once were.

Remember Dave and Mark are not TV guys they are first and foremost Tech Guys. :)

With that said these guys are nervous in front of the cameras as they are not trained actors, so you will be some "so" and "ummm" from time to time.

I am looking forward to tonights chat. :D

Tom488 said:
More importantly, how many times do you think Dave and Mark will use the word "so" to begin each thought, transition segments, or just as filler when they don't know what else to say?

haha, maybe we should do a drinking game, everytime they say "so" when they start a sentence you have to do a shot. :D

Oops, I forgot to set a timer for the Tech chat, where can I find the replay schedule if there is one like the Charlie Chats?

kn6k said:
Where can I find the replay schedule if there is one like the Charlie Chats?

You can find it here: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/customercare/CChat_ReBrdcstSchedule.pdf

I don't know why they post the schedule in PDF format. PDF is fine for things like installation and operation manuals but simple schedules should be posted in plain text.

I suppose all the information we will acquire on the Tech Chat will be information we already know in which we have found out on this site.

Yeah, I'm sure those of us who comb this forum already know most or all of the news that they could announce. And there is a lot for them to talk about this month.

1. SuperDish HD and Locals
2. 811 release
3. 921 release
4. 322/522 release
5. New locals
6. Any new internationals for SuperDish
7. SuperDish installation deals
8. New software for SuperDish on existing models

etc.. I expect to know most if not all of what will be covered tonight. I was however greatly surprised last month with the Free SuperDish installation and $199 Dish6000 deals. So there is always room for surprises.

I have heard that there may be a delay on the release of the 322 and 522 receivers that they may not get releasedo on Nov. 1st.

Yes it does appear the 322 and 522 will be delayed a bit. I understand that Dish was surprised of my reaction to it and your reaction to my reaction (everyone seems to want one)

The unit is a great unit and deserved my Best of Show award. It did have some bugs which needed to be worked out (the worst being the sharing of PVRed programs... You don't want Junior in his bedroom watch Debbie Does Dishes that you PVRed in your bedroom earlier in the day) :)

When the 322 and 522 is ready it could be one of the best machines Echostar has ever made. :)

I hope the hardware reliability is better than the previous multi-tuner receiver (721) or previous DVR (hard drive) receivers, and that they figured out what the problems were with the previous receivers fixing the problem.

They were probably surprised with the demand for these receivers due to the complaints there were previously with the DVR fees and costs of the DVR receivers.

People like the 322/522, so its been delayed? ha!

Still, the 522 fits perfectly into a need that I have for a two tuner receiver.

I hope they take the extra time to contemplate the high price they are placing on the 522. $400 for a 2 tuner DVR is insane. I know it has room sharing but it is not wortth that price premium. They shuld really bring the price down to $299.

They'll say to tune into November's Charlie Chat for further information on the availability on the 921 and 811. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)