What will D* install for free?

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
OK, I'm trying to investigate from all angles switching from D* to E*. I now have a D* Phase III dish with four separate lines running down to a home run in my garage. I have an HDTV, a ReplayTV and two STBs (one HD feeding the TV, one SD feeding the RTV) in one room and an SD TV, a second ReplayTV and STB in another. There are two coaxes running to each location; I need both for the HDTV room (one for each STB) but only one for the SD location.

I figured I could replace everything with one 622, send TV1 to the HDTV and TV2 to the SD TV in the other room. Problem is, if I do it this way I need the second outlet in the HD location to use for distribution, leaving me just one coax in. I understand that some D* equipment (dish/switches) allow the 622 to use just one feed to control two tuners, but that the necessary switch is expensive. Will D* include installation allowing me to use just one coax to feed the 622 or will I have to pay extra?

I'm also considering talking to a local dealer (NYSS Digital here in NY) but am wary of getting bound up with extra commitments; besides, I don't know anyone local who's used them.

BTW, being in the NE and wanting HD I assume I'll need two dishes: one pointed to 110/119 and one to 61.5. Also, I'm thinking of switching because I'd like a couple more HD channels, I'd like to see the quality of HDNet broadcasts on more channels and, even though the networking capability of the RTVs is fantastic, I'd like an HD DVR.

Thanks for any info about this rather complicated situation. I have enough on my plate now and don't want to have an installer come out and be unprepared for what he might throw at me.

=NLK=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)