I currently have:

2 r22s
2 h21s
2 h20s
1 hr21
1 r15
1 d11

On a slimline 5 satellite receiver.

It's not on swm, but all of the connections are in the basement right above a wall connection.

Now what will I need to do to have coax powered mrv?

First, I'm only going to replace one of the h20s with an h24. I really don't want to replace the 2 sd receivers and the other h20. Can the system run with them connected? Would I have to replace them? The r15 is for a tiny tv in my work area, the d11 is for an ancient tv, and the h20 is for the dining room tv. None of these I really care enough to have mrv.

But some rooms have regular hd receivers that I'd like to use mrv.

Is there anything else I would need to change?

I currently have:

2 r22s
2 h21s
2 h20s
1 hr21
1 r15
1 d11

On a slimline 5 satellite receiver.

It's not on swm, but all of the connections are in the basement right above a wall connection.

Now what will I need to do to have coax powered mrv?

First, I'm only going to replace one of the h20s with an h24. I really don't want to replace the 2 sd receivers and the other h20. Can the system run with them connected? Would I have to replace them? The r15 is for a tiny tv in my work area, the d11 is for an ancient tv, and the h20 is for the dining room tv. None of these I really care enough to have mrv.

But some rooms have regular hd receivers that I'd like to use mrv.

Is there anything else I would need to change?

a 2nd dish or a swm8 switch to merge the system to swm while keeping 2 non swim boxes.

Deca only works on swm as it uses space freed up by swm to work.

So convert your system to swm and then work about buying deca adapters, But if your not in one of the 4 test areas we wont be able to sell them.

It should be coming soon. I always prepare for things at least a month or two in advance.

I'd suggest adding an SWM8 to avoid having to replace the R15 and D11.

The remaining H20, the D11 and the R15 could stay on an existing switch as they can't use DECA.

The standard DECA upgrade may not be available to you as you have too many tuners.

I currently have 12 tuners, deca supports up to 16....
Only if you can get your hands on an SWiM16 switch. MoCA 1.1 isn't the limiting factor.

Absent that, it seems like you could bridge two independent SWiM/DECA networks together with a pair of DECA gateways.

The cheapskate method would be to connect the extra receiver to a DECA gateway (self-powered) and connect its antenna lead(s) to another multiswitch. I'm guessing you could use gateways even after you've run out of tuners but you may run into some contention with too many sessions flying around. It would certainly work for VoD.

I also have a question about DECA.After setting up the DECA cloud,can I attach the ethernet cable from the DECA adapter to a switch & run other applications,including my non-HR24 receiver(HR23 & HR22 receivers),in such a manner? I would have the primary DECA adapter & power supply hooked up in my Den to my router,& then two other DECA adapters attached for my other receivers,actually each to a switch & then hooked up to my receivers & computers,& any other devices like ROKU & such that needs an ethernet connection.

DECA should work as long as you aren't pushing a bunch of media around. ROKU doesn't use much bandwidth in the grand scheme and is limited to the speed of your Internet connection at most.

I'm thinking that you would have a very hub-like network which isn't an entirely happy situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts