What will I need

JTDeel

Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
I'm moving into a new home at the end of the month so with comes that new TV's. I currently have 1 hdtv a 2 reg tv's .I have the 622 and the 625 along with 1 dish(i think the 1000) What will I need to hook up 2 hdtvs and 3 reg tv's? I would like to have each tv have dvr on on them.

Thanks,

JT

So you want 5 rooms with DVRs, two of them with HD and 3 with SD.

First you'll need new receivers. Two 622's (HD DVRs) and the 625 (2 outputs) with a 510 (single output).

As far as dishes and switches. You'll need a DPP44 switch to have 4 receivers. Dish 1000 to DPP44 switch.

I'm sure others will have more suggestions.

If you dont need independant viewing on the NON HD TVs you could get away with just the 2 HD DVR and use the home distribution with splitters to accomplish this. just my 2 cents.

There are quite a few options. But why do you need a DVR for each TV? That really doesn't make sense, and I think that's more receivers than Dish will lease to you. (But you can have more if you own one or more of them.) How many TVs can you watch at one time? Here's a possibility - Get a 622 for each of the HDTVs then use the SD TV2 outlets from each to feed two of your SD TVs. Maybe you could connect all the SD sets in a "whole house" coax system and use the "agile modulated output" feature of the 622s to put all of the sat. tuners onto independent channels that any of your SD sets can receive. Then you just need to know which remote set is controlling which 622! With each 622 capable of recording two sat. channels and one OTA signal at one time, you'll have lots recorded. Then all of that can be sent into your whole house system to feed your SD TVs as well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts