What would make DishOnline Better?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
The pet peeves I have with Dish On-Line (Some have already been stated in a different thread):

1) Organization.
It needs to have the ability to organize by by channel, program type (Movie, Documentary, Series, Sit-Com, etc.) Right now it takes me for ever to find a program.

2) Remembering user settings.
When I do a sort and select a program for download, the menu resets and I have to start all over again. That SUCKS! It should take me back EXACTLY where I was.

3) Ability to select multiple programs at once
There are times that I want to download all the programs of a particular series. It took me for ever to find and select the programs one at a time. (WW2 in HD and Pawn Stars).

4)Selecting/maintaining "search" results. This ties into #2 and #3.
You do a search to find a set of programs, you select one program and you have to do another search for the same set of programs to get more programs. That SUCKS!

5) The programs downloaded should NOT be segregated from "my recordings". All the programs need to be in the same pool.

6) The delete program option should be active on the downloaded programs.
Right now the "Delete" button is grayed out on the program menu. When I first saw this I thought I had committed the disk space on my drive to that program until the expiration date. It was by accident that I found how to delete any DishOnline program. You have to exit the program menu to the "my downloads" menu. Select Edit and select the programs you want to delete. STUPID!

There are more nits I have to pick but these are my "top" complaints.

How would you improve DishOnline?

Merger the threads.

The pet peeves I have with Dish On-Line (Some have already been stated in a different thread):

1) Organization.
It needs to have the ability to organize by by channel, program type (Movie, Documentary, Series, Sit-Com, etc.) Right now it takes me for ever to find a program.

2) Remembering user settings.
When I do a sort and select a program for download, the menu resets and I have to start all over again. That SUCKS! It should take me back EXACTLY where I was.

3) Ability to select multiple programs at once
There are times that I want to download all the programs of a particular series. It took me for ever to find and select the programs one at a time. (WW2 in HD and Pawn Stars).

4)Selecting/maintaining "search" results. This ties into #2 and #3.
You do a search to find a set of programs, you select one program and you have to do another search for the same set of programs to get more programs. That SUCKS!

5) The programs downloaded should NOT be segregated from "my recordings". All the programs need to be in the same pool.

6) The delete program option should be active on the downloaded programs.
Right now the "Delete" button is grayed out on the program menu. When I first saw this I thought I had committed the disk space on my drive to that program until the expiration date. It was by accident that I found how to delete any DishOnline program. You have to exit the program menu to the "my downloads" menu. Select Edit and select the programs you want to delete. STUPID!

There are more nits I have to pick but these are my "top" complaints.

How would you improve DishOnline?

Since you started one & I did the same with your statement leading it. Why don't you merge the 2 threads.

Listed hd is sometimes sd. Atleast get that part right. How hard can that be Dish??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)