what would you do

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
what would you do if you think you have a clone pansat 2500?

Get a new one or get a fortec?

IMO the Fortec is better than the Pansat, I have installed quite a few of each now :yes

I would return the Pansat but you may be wasting your time, where did you buy it?

Maybe a personal visit would be in order! And shove it where the sun dont shine!

I live my pansat PSB. It's a great receiver but somewhat expensive. I see Fortec going for $139 on ebay. Maybe I should try it and see.

I too love my Pansat. However, I just now saw on your review of the Fortec, Pete, that it has S/PDIF output. :) Never knew that.

It would help me if somebody could post close-up pictures of the differences between the clone and the real thing. Specifically the bottom panel--neither description in that past post about the clones really matched mine. From the other descriptions I'm pretty sure mine is authentic but I would rather be absolutely sure. Maybe Tommyboy you could start by posting a pic of the bottom of your receiver and if someone else here has a different looking panel they could post theirs and we could determine who has what. :)

There is a post around here that says the differences..

I have a Pansat 1500 but would like to get a Fortec, if for anything the AC3 output (1500 doesnt have that) :(

TuxCoder said:
...neither description in that past post...
Yep, I found it: read here. Except like I said I had a hard time visualizing some of the descriptions so maybe pictures would be nice.

Fortec Ultra

I have a Fortec Ultra and I love it. Controls motor flawlessly to any satellite using USALS. It's right on target everytime. I find I spend more time watching FTA than watching my Dishnetwork in the living room. I especially like to watch the live feeds. :yes

Yesterday, before a football game, the female presenter was talking about all kinds of things other than football and was cutting the fool with her coworkers. I should have recorded it. You never know what they are going to say next :) .

MrM

Sounds like the old Steven Wright line: Somebody broke into my house and replaced everything with an exact replica.

I THINK I have a clone not sure.the key word is think.
And it will always be on my mind that i do have one.It works good but i would like to have the best>

This is why i think i have a clone

Yes 1= I have noticeable difference in the color of the top cover when compared to the front panel’s color

NO 2=A vinyl protection sheet which is adhered to the top of the satellite receiver is missing ( It`s not missing)

NO 3=I have round-shape as the authentic model has.

NO 4=I have 3 on (bottom right )upward-punched, square shaped holes .

NO 5=no Sticker accompanied by small sticker attached indicating the month of the product’s manufacture (e.g. Sep. 2004 – (SB)).

there is a sticker there but it the same size as the painted one

?? 6=my Serial number 4G1 1930 ( Sticker on the BACK )

so what do i have here`s were i got it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=5720882158

You need to put that URL into the proper format (I guess I could take the time to manually search the item number) because just pasting it here truncates it and makes it DOA. Why not call Pansat and give them your serial number, they will tell you 100%. We would still only be guessing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)