What would you do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What woulld you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How about the "Stair Car" from Arrested Development?? No need for a ladder, but you have to watch out for "hop ons"....

134310998_571cc414e3.jpg

I am facing this issue for my business, its costing me about 300 bucks a week for gasoline, I am currently driving a chevy venture extended.

My favorite vehicle a caravan, 6 cyc not grand!

The trouble is I have to carry a bin of tools and parts, a bunch of film and a loaner machine.

The last time gas got this high self limiting forces took over, at about $4.50 per gallon our ecoinomy colapsed, i am wondering if that will happen again?

I am facing this issue for my business, its costing me about 300 bucks a week for gasoline, I am currently driving a chevy venture extended.

My favorite vehicle a caravan, 6 cyc not grand!

The trouble is I have to carry a bin of tools and parts, a bunch of film and a loaner machine.

The last time gas got this high self limiting forces took over, at about $4.50 per gallon our ecoinomy colapsed, i am wondering if that will happen again?

Sounds like more of Sonic Babble subject to me.

As a contractor I drove a few different vehicles. I used a 95 Astro AWD (4.3L V6), a 99 Dakota (5.2 V8), an 89 S10 Blazer (2.5L 4 popper), and a 2.2L Sonoma. I preferred the Sonoma, gas wise, because it had the 4.10 rear end it pulled pretty well and used very little gas. Style, performance, and comfort went to the Dakota. The Chrysler 9.25 rear end paired with the V8 made it fun as all get out. Contractor purpose only, the Astro was a good "in between" and the AWD launches at a stop light certainly made for a fun day.

Since the vehicles were not company supplied, there were rules that had to be followed as to what could be driven. It had to be easily identifiable as a "work vehicle" and look nice in front of the customers house. Not sure if those rules still apply, but if so, I think the Festiva is out unless you deliver parts or paperwork (courier service type work). Interestingly enough, I saw one used as a "mail car" in Colorado about 2 months ago. Even painted in USPS "racing stripes" with the eagle logo on the door (makes it faster I think).

Personally, I could care less what was driven, so long as when the vehicle left there were no spots on the ground. You are only saving the environment burning less gas if you aren't polluting the environment another way. Good maintenance schedules and repairs and I think it would be cool to see a fleet of these. They would need minor lifts on the rear end to prevent a dragging tailpipe from the weight of the equipment being carried (I guarantee the springs are not made for the load).

Come on, we have installers roaming the area in 1980's caravans that barely run, ladder sticking out of the rear (missing) window with a Dish magnet slapped to the side. Ive been seeing it for as long as Ive been doing this, so it must get the job done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts