VIP 222K

I just bought a new Dishnetwork VIP 222K. Will I need to buy a DUO LNB?
DISH will install whatever you need for free.

What you need depends on what you have now. If you have SD equipment (or are a new/returning customer), DISH will install a new dish complete with a special LNB assembly.

I have the unit, and 2 remote controls. I have 1 HD tv and 1 SD tv. I need to buy an LNB butdont know which one to buy. I see LNB's with one feed horn, 2 feed horns 3 feed horns and 4 feed horns. Im going to work 2 tv's off this thing.

Depending on what Arc your HD locals are broadcast (if you have any), you'll want to get a 1000.4 Eastern Arc, or 1000.4 Western Arc.

What city do your local channels come from?

I need to buy an LNB butdont know which one to buy.
You're not paying attention to the warnings.

If you intend to make the jump to HD, you'll likely need an entirely new dish. The current HD LNB assembly isn't designed for use with older (or competitor's) dishes.

Your answers are not helping. All I wanted to know is do I need a single LNB or a DOU LNB. I guess Ill return this thing

HD receivers use a triple LNB/switch assembly. LNB/switch assemblies designed for 110/119 only are called "twins". (A dual is a single with two outputs.)

I just bought a new Dishnetwork VIP 222K. Will I need to buy a DUO LNB?
For high definition reception you need a 1000.4 Eastern Arc or Western Arc DISH. You need a complete dish to receive 3 satellites and depending on your location it needs to look at the Eastern Arc or the Western Arc.

If you do not care about locals, you can use two dish 300's aimed at 61.5 and 72. That is the setup I use. I have dishpro 'LNB's into a dpp33 switch. It works great.

Thankyou for your help. I bought this thing on E-Bay and it only came with the VIP 222 and 2 remote controls and I went to E-Bay to find LNB's They have several differant ones.I wasnt sure which one I needed. So I'll get the triple LNB

Thank you very much for your reply. Will this pick up HD? Im going to run 1 HD television in my living room and 1 SD televisoin in my bedroom. Will this LNB do the job?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts