what would you recommend?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abe125

Original poster
May 12, 2008
hey guys.. im a newbie here in this forum... so excuse my newbieness ... i living in central cali.. im mainly interested in receiving the abc networks fox networks and cbs networks from all over the u.s. i really dont know how many they are available .... can someone point me in the right direction on what size of dish i would need for the major networks .... motor or no motor.... i say the more locals the better.. ... and what type of lnbf .....

Don't know of any permanent CBS on Ku band (other than CBS Newspath feeds, no affiliate stations). There are some on C band, but for C band you will need at least a 6-8 foot dish. You will find Fox in a couple of places on Ku (AMC-4 and Galaxy 10R), and ABC on G-10R as well. These are locals from various parts of the country. For Ku band, you'll need at least a 30 inch dish an linear Ku (FSS) LNBF. You'll want a motor if you want to view programming from more than one satellite, unless you plan to install multiple dishes or a T-90 toroidal dish (which can see multiple satellites in a 40 degree angle of view without moving).

Here in Ohio you can receive ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and CW affiliates from the Caribbean with one fixed position C-band dish pointed at G16, 99.0 deg west.

SatelliteGuys.US - 99.0°W Galaxy 16 C

Old C-band dishes in usable condition are generally available free of charge in exchange for the labor of hauling them away. Odds are that when you find such a dish it will include working LNB suitable for your purpose.

From a technical standpoint, this would be the simplest way to secure at least one signal from each of the major networks. Assuming utilization of a salvaged dish, it is also the least expensive way to go.

Last edited:
Galaxy 26 at 93.0°W - LyngSat

Tron:: thats what exactly what im looking for... abc fox cbs locals from various parts of the u.s country... but im trying to understand the lyingsat channel list... when its says abc feeds cbs feeds fox feeds.. are those locals??.... sorry for sounding like a newbie.. thanks in advanced....

Galaxy 26 at 93.0°W - LyngSat

Tron:: thats what exactly what im looking for... abc fox cbs locals from various parts of the u.s country... but im trying to understand the lyingsat channel list... when its says abc feeds cbs feeds fox feeds.. are those locals??.... sorry for sounding like a newbie.. thanks in advanced....

No, I believe those are occasional feeds.

Boomer is right, those are only occasional feeds. For full-time affiliate stations, G-10R at 123w is your best bet for ABC and Fox on Ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)