Whatever happened to promised Seagate Freeagent fix?

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone heard anything on the long ago promised fix for the sleep issue on Seagate Freeagent drives? I know there are workarounds, but there have been multiple firmware releases for the 622's/722's since the promise and no fix yet.

I'm using one with the 211 DVR option. I set it to never sleep and it works fine. If Seagate is brave enough to give me a 5 year warranty, I'm brave enough to leave it on.

Has anyone heard anything on the long ago promised fix for the sleep issue on Seagate Freeagent drives? I know there are workarounds, but there have been multiple firmware releases for the 622's/722's since the promise and no fix yet.

According to the last tech chat, there was supposed to be an software update to fix this issue and add folders to the EHD on the 20th of November. Must be coming SOON.:rolleyes:

I'm using one with the 211 DVR option. I set it to never sleep and it works fine. If Seagate is brave enough to give me a 5 year warranty, I'm brave enough to leave it on.

How do you set it to never sleep. I don't own one yet, but the Seagate Free Agent drives seem like the most value for the money, so I'm seriously considering one for my ViP211.

Have you asked Seagate?

Have you contacted Seagate Tech support? It would be eminently more logical to seek help from Seagate than from Dish.

I just checked the Seagate web site and thay do have solutions for some of the Freeagent drives.

When I have a question about my Volvo I don't go to Toyota expecting a solution there!

Have you contacted Seagate Tech support?

Don't want to get too far off track, but there is no issue with the drive, the issue lies with Dish's software interface. Dish has already admitted this is their problem and promised a fix. I'm currently using the workaround of disabling sleep mode, I was just looking to see if anyone had an update on the promised fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)