Whatever happened to the 611 single-tuner dvr?

Because I have one tv, I'm not interested in PIP and I don't want to pay $200 for something that I don't own, in regards to the 622. I would hope that since it's a single tuner that it would run about $100 or less, which is a bit more inviting...

I have only one TV hooked to my 622 and there is no way I'd want to trade it for a 611. I love having two tuners.

I can record anything I want without it having an impact on what I'm watching. Or I can record two events simultaneously.

If I had a choice of leasing a 622 for $199 or a 611 for $99, I'd definitely go for the 622. Although I will be surprised if the leasting cost difference is this great.

If I recall correctly the 611 that was discussed would have two tuners, but only 1 output. Thereby reducing the cost since there would be no modulated output.

Well, okay, I could live with that.

But why would it be named the 611 if it has two tuners????

And I can't imagine that removing the modulated output would save very much in production costs. Although given that it would save a bit, I can understand why Dish might think about it.

I'll be watching for next weeks posts. If this 611 (or 612 or 621) is announced and is less than the 622 by $100 I'd chose it. Why pay extra for something I don't need (like the commercial about the shoebox sized MP3 player "On Sale."

It it is $50 less and only has 1 tuner (sat / ota), I don't see the benefit to it.

IT was supposed to be called a 612 and it is a dual tuner but will only operate in single mode- NO dual mode. This is supposed to be cheaper to make and it will become the new introductory hd dvr for new customers. At least that is what they said a few months back.

I could live with a 621/612 that had two tuners but only one TV output and always ran in single mode.

Of course as they upgraded my 942 lease to a 622 lease at no cost to me, I saw no reason to wait.

Remote help

The HD-lite war is over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)