Status
Not open for further replies.

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
I saw Schermann's new banner and was just wondering.

It is something I am just setting up. :)

We don't have "sponsors" anymore but a number of members have companies and would like to support the site, so I have created a new usergroup for Corporate Pub Memberships. While they will be supporting the site, they will not be "Sponsors" meaning you won't see them posting ads all over the place.

However as our thanks they can list their company in their signature and have a link to their company, plus we are allowing them to post one thread a week in our Classifieds Section where they can promote their specials or new products. And we will also be adding a help wanted forum to our installers zone forum and they will be able to place Help Wanted ads in there as well.

Its something for them to support the site and get a little in return, and its a lot cheaper than advertising by other means. If you place one or two ads in the classifieds section of your paper its going to be more then what Corporate Pub Membership is and here that amount is good for the entire year. :)

I was curious about this myself. Makes me look important. :D

This sounds like a great idea. I can see this being very helpful to some members. I myself do not need to do any advertising here, I just love to help out, but I would like to get 3 more referrals so I can get that PS4. ;)

It showed up on some people's accounts as I reused an old unused user group.

I had to clear the members out after I had it setup.

I also forgot to turn on the one year option which is fixed now.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Are there any yet?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)