What's A DVR?

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
OK, it's not about Voom, but a funny DVR story anyway.

I was at the Vet's picking up my cat and there's a guy standing at the register, obviously irritated, looking like he has to take a dump really bad. :p The cashier apologizes for taking so long and he mumbles something about needing to get home to catch the game on TV, so I mention a DVR to him. He says' "A what?". "A DVR, you know, a TIVO!". Dumb, stupid, blank stare so I proceed to try to explain it to him and all he can say is "I want to watch it live". :(

J6P strikes again. :confused: Shoo! Go home! Pop open another Bud, Bud. :cool:

Wow, I expected you'd have to change from calling it a DVR to a Tivo, but after that still the blank stare, man....

I think that there is a good learning in this story: for J6P time-shifting is OK for movies, shows etc, but not for sports. There is so much more excitement on watching live sports, perhaps due to the uncertainty of not knowing what will happen.

That may be true, Walter, but the guy totally missed my point, he could have started recording when he left for the Vet, left the radio off so he wouldn't hear any results, then go back home, plop his fat ass (literally, he was fat) on the sofa and start from the beginning of the recording and be caught back up to live within 1/2 hour or so.

He could do the same thing with an old video cassette recorder.

I am always telling sports fans who "can't miss" an event: "Tape it!"

Not good enough. They want to see it LIVE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)