Voom DVR, What are they showing at CES?

joemama

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2004
I've read a lot of speculation about when Voom's DVR will become available. At this point, I believe it's all vapor-ware. Has anybody ever even seen their DVR solution? I know they showed some whole house solution last year that really wasn't their stand-alone DVR solution. I believe that CES will show how close (or how far away) their DVR solution is. If there isn't a displayable and usable demo at CES, they are a lot farther away than everyone on this site hopes they are.

I pity the poor soul from VOOM that gets this assignment.

This guy will get torched here if he demos it again using a pc and not a stb.

A video of the demo (like Scott did last time) would be great if possible. If not, pictures are useful too.

I expect to see in at CES (complete solution), if they plan on making it out in early 2005 they will have a complete system at CES.

Were going to know alot from their booth this year.

jagouar said:
I expect to see in at CES (complete solution), if they plan on making it out in early 2005 they will have a complete system at CES.

Were going to know alot from their booth this year.
I agree. They better have a working prototype (not a Linux PC) and be pulling live programming off of a VOOM transponder (none of this twisted-pair RJ-11 crapolla) or things may get ugly!

VOOM will be at booth number 26103. 25 days and counting...

Any body want some action? $50 says the Voom reps at their booth will say the DVR Home Solution will be out this summer. De ja vu. :mad:

DVR Will be at CES

Merry X-mas everyone...

I have a 100% confirmation from a very high up source that Voom will have the DVR there. I, unfortuatly, can't make it this year, so I will be pegged on this board to find out what they say and when it's available. Comcast in my area now has HD, HD DVR, and VOD. that's quite enticing...

I also understand that Voom has a very limited number of beta testers for their DVR right now, less than 100 is what I was told, I bet it's around 50 units. They really need this to be competative, and they really need to make it affordable, their monthly leasing plan for it would be golden, at $20 a month, I'd pay for it.

digideal said:
Merry X-mas everyone...

I have a 100% confirmation from a very high up source that Voom will have the DVR there. I, unfortuatly, can't make it this year, so I will be pegged on this board to find out what they say and when it's available. Comcast in my area now has HD, HD DVR, and VOD. that's quite enticing...

I also understand that Voom has a very limited number of beta testers for their DVR right now, less than 100 is what I was told, I bet it's around 50 units. They really need this to be competative, and they really need to make it affordable, their monthly leasing plan for it would be golden, at $20 a month, I'd pay for it.

I will be at CES this year again and I plan to ask some questions. lol It should be interesting.

How do you qualify to be a beta tester??? I certainly wouldn't mind.....and by me being a disabled veteran I would have plenty of time to watch Voom programming so where do I sign up??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)