BREAKING VOOM DVR News from CES!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The crises has been for less than 1000 subs who are members here and the employees of Voom who do not know what will happen. In any case its reasonable to assume not everything went forward during the last two months.

I will be happy to be watching Voom in April and even happier when the DVR arrives but I quess we wait. The DVR is academic if they don't survive.

I think that WHEN (not if) voom announces that they live on we will also get news on the dvr. While I am at, lets toss in a boat load of new channels as well. RSN's?, EPSN2HD? and more! :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed!

jnardone said:
From Post #41 of this thread:

"The DVR is real and working, again the features not working were the simple features all the hard work is done. I expect VOOM will meet its goal of getting the DVR out the door by the end of March."

This is from the guy with the inside connections to VOOM who has reportedly been "1000 percent" correct with his VOOM predictions.

Well, when it comes to satellite companies, I'll believe it when I see it. Does anyone know how to get out of an E* 2 year contract 6 months early without paying the $240 early cancel fee? :no :(

If Voom does come out with a nice reasonably priced HD-DVR soon I'll be crying because I'm stuck with Dish.

I downsized my D* package when I changed over to VOOM. I had 3 months left and could not get out. I am sure E* is the same way. Best bet would be downsize your package and tell them to terminate service at the 2 year mark.

kbohip said:
Well, when it comes to satellite companies, I'll believe it when I see it. Does anyone know how to get out of an E* 2 year contract 6 months early without paying the $240 early cancel fee? :no :(

It was a pain in the a*s for me to leave them and I did not even have a contract, E* will charge you if you try to leave just a day early, and if you don't pay but have auto-pay from checking or a credit card on record, it will get hit, the contract you have allows it, just wait it out or drop your service to the lowest program package allowed under your contract.

Clicking on Walters link sets your profile to ignore me automatically. Fu(kin Prick!!!

NOW, I've personally attacked someone.

ChetK said:
Clicking on Walters link sets your profile to ignore me automatically. Mod Edit

NOW, I've personally attacked someone.

I think some self examination is in order Chet, no offense but consider toning it down. Id say your as close to being banned as red alien was or Ufo was right before it happened. Just some advice, your coming off like the biggest @%$# on the forum lately.

bruce said:
It was a pain in the a*s for me to leave them and I did not even have a contract, E* will charge you if you try to leave just a day early, and if you don't pay but have auto-pay from checking or a credit card on record, it will get hit, the contract you have allows it, just wait it out or drop your service to the lowest program package allowed under your contract.

Oh well it's best that I wait until November anyway. By then Voom will either be out of business or have an HD-DVR. They should have had some time to work out the inevetible bugs by then too.

Dish Pause

kbohip said:
Oh well it's best that I wait until November anyway. By then Voom will either be out of business or have an HD-DVR. They should have had some time to work out the inevetible bugs by then too.

I've read on this site under the Dish forum where you might be able to put your service on "Dish Pause" status where you only have to pay a maintenance fee.

See this post: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=56125&highlight=%245

Early Termination

I don't know about Dish but Directv has a $150 early termination fee. It turns out that it is pro-rated so when I early terminated from them in March instead of May, I only owed them $25 in early termination penalty fee. I only kick myself because I lost the remainder of my already paid for NBA league pass.
:(

Wayne

Wayne88 said:
I don't know about Dish but Directv has a $150 early termination fee. It turns out that it is pro-rated so when I early terminated from them in March instead of May, I only owed them $25 in early termination penalty fee. I only kick myself because I lost the remainder of my already paid for NBA league pass.
:(

Wayne

HA! This is yet one more reason why I'll be going with Directv in November if Voom isn't around by then with a DVR. Dish wants their full $240 even if I only cancel my 2 year service 1 day early. It's also why I just recommended my parent's to go with Directv instead of Dish. My sister and her in-laws went with them too.

The sad thing is I remember when Dish was better priced and geared more towards the customer than Directv. How times have changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)